Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3921 - 3940 of 4012 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Skyview
610 Posts
FINALLY got her bumper back on and new emblems finished today. Also got my new spoiler installed today. Vacation from work has been noyce!! Done with the exterior mods(except lowering it maybe), now it’s time to get on the engine! $$$$$😳
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
License plate blocking that intercooler. Not good.
Even with a stock motor? I can definitely move it if need be and I did watch the engine temp when I first put it there and didn’t notice much change. 🤷🏼

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Did you end up getting a new grille or use the stock?
I ended up buying a new one from J & A auto accessories out of LA. They were able to sell me just the upper grille at $224. Turned out to fit perfectly. That disastrous attempt of mine to use the stock grille, was just that, embarrassingly disastrous! 🤷🏼

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I ended up buying a new one from J & A auto accessories out of LA. They were able to sell me just the upper grille at $224. Turned out to fit perfectly. That disastrous attempt of mine to use the stock grille, was just that, embarrassingly disastrous! 🤷🏼
That is where I got my Chrome Grille (Before I even had a car!)

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Even with a stock motor? I can definitely move it if need be and I did watch the engine temp when I first put it there and didn’t notice much change. 🤷🏼
Or you could drill some small holes all over the plate, so the plate is both compliant for LEOs and allowing air to get by.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Or you could drill some small holes all over the plate, so the plate is both compliant for LEOs and allowing air to get by.
I altered my plates one time by painting around the outer edge with black paint to make the plates totally black except the letters and numbers of course. Someone told me, or I found out somewhere that altering any part of a Texas license plate is illegal. I’ll have to do some more research on that. Good idear tho Blades

Moving it to the passenger side should be fine, not restrict too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I friggin hate front license plates. I actually used to have it over there but didn’t like the look

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I altered my plates one time by painting around the outer edge with black paint to make the plates totally black except the letters and numbers of course. Someone told me, or I found out somewhere that altering any part of a Texas license plate is illegal. I’ll have to do some more research on that. Good idear tho Blades

I friggin hate front license plates. I actually used to have it over there but didn’t like the look
If the holes were small, like a 2mm or 1/16th of inch drill bit, but numerous....would the LEOs know unless they walked up for close inspection? Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
I would venture to guess that altering any license plate, in ANY state is illegal.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I would venture to guess that altering any license plate, in ANY state is illegal.
Florida, not uncommon to see stickers/decal in the center.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
772 Posts

knock on wood I've been pulled over 3 times in my V since I bought it back in 2012, all for no front plate. 3 warnings. Each time, I've told the officer the same thing, "Yessir, I understand that Texas state law requires a front mounted license plate, but it just ruins the whole look of this car." Fortunately, the officer(s) have always very understanding, and just let me go.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,056 Posts
Got the starter swapped out in the grocery store parking lot. 😁 Dang turbo was WAY in the way. Charge pipe had to come off and air filter, wastegate reference line off the compressor housing, and I had to loosen all the compressor housing bolts to rotate it to get the inside starter bolt to loosen enough. It wasn't too bad though. It's about a 15 minute drive there from home, and home and back only took about 1.5hrs. 👍

3921 - 3940 of 4012 Posts