Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3621 - 3640 of 3658 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
This is the guy that bought it from Sal?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well after 3000 miles on my last build I decided to drop the lower pulley to an 8.66" from a 9.17" because my supercharger was asking me to. It was screaming bearing noise. As luck would have it, I was able to get GM to replace the blower under warranty and took my original 2.55 pulley and reinforced brick over to the new one. I had considerable bearing play which is now gone. I had also blown out one of my cats which was making a horrendous rattle. Went with hollowing out front cats and Stainless Works high flow cats to follow. After a new tune and dyno, I came up 4hp less than last build which made me very happy and I'm hoping for a much more reliable ride.
C/R heat exchanger
BMR ice tank
Varimax pump
ID 1050x injectors
2.55 upper
8.66 lower
E85
2X Deatschwort in tank fuel pumps
160 thermostat
NGK BKR7E plugs
Meroso catch can
Airaid CAI

Mustang Dyno....573HP @ 565 tq
max boost PSI...16
Last 1/4 [email protected] Hoping for about the same with the new lower pulley. I dropped less then a pound of boost, probably because the new blower is more efficient.
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll!!!

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
207 Posts
Well after 3000 miles on my last build I decided to drop the lower pulley to an 8.66" from a 9.17" because my supercharger was asking me to. It was screaming bearing noise. As luck would have it, I was able to get GM to replace the blower under warranty and took my original 2.55 pulley and reinforced brick over to the new one. I had considerable bearing play which is now gone. I had also blown out one of my cats which was making a horrendous rattle. Went with hollowing out front cats and Stainless Works high flow cats to follow. After a new tune and dyno, I came up 4hp less than last build which made me very happy and I'm hoping for a much more reliable ride.
C/R heat exchanger
BMR ice tank
Varimax pump
ID 1050x injectors
2.55 upper
8.66 lower
E85
2X Deatschwort in tank fuel pumps
160 thermostat
NGK BKR7E plugs
Meroso catch can
Airaid CAI

Mustang Dyno....573HP @ 565 tq
max boost PSI...16
Last 1/4 [email protected] Hoping for about the same with the new lower pulley. I dropped less then a pound of boost, probably because the new blower is more efficient.
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll!!!
How were you able to do that? Did you bring just the blower into the service department and ask them to replace under warranty? Or did they perform the work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
The shop I use for tuning and dyno were very friendly with the dealer and picked up the blower, swapped out my performance parts, returned blower to dealer. The blower really did have a bad bearing so I feel some justice.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm assuming you have a sedan?

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
414 Posts
last January I installed my Borla exhaust and the tips have been about 1/4-1/2 inch off since. What an eye sore every time I looked. Finally decided to try and straighten it one last time before taking it to the the muffler shop. Well low and behold, I loosened the clamps, made a small adjustment and BAM! They look 100 X better. Happy as hell I decided to do that
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Tar

·
Registered
359 Posts
Funny, I like mine dirty, thick or thin, and in any position that gives me the best “view”. ;)

Please put some conditioner on that seat, that hurts to see.
Thought that was the optional gator skin seat option, got excited for a moment lmao. Despite a lot of snobs thumbing their nose at it, CG makes a fairly decent leather conditioner and spray cleaner also.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,344 Posts
Happy as hell I decided to do that
Thank you! As a fellow OCD sufferer, and speaking for others of our ilk, thank you. These are the things that drive us crazy.

It's not as offensive as, say, homemade racing stripes that somehow don't align with the car or decals on windows that are alMOST centered, but it's nonetheless unacceptable.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Have y'all watched / seen this? Dry Ice blasting.

So mesmerizing.

If I had a dirty undercarriage, I would get this done

There are more

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
212 Posts
What is the best leather conditioner?
I just ordered leatherique from their website. They have a special if you order their rejuvenating oil and cleaner. Not sure if you are familiar with their products but saturate the seat with the rejuvenating oil and let it sit for at least a day, keep it wet if the leather sucks any in, then after its allowed to sit, it brings the dirt to the surface in the form of a tacky residue. Clean this all off with their pristine clean followed by a damp rag. This is supposed to hydrate your leather and clean it. Be careful using it on light colored seats that have cracks, as this stuff is known to make the cracks darker because the dirt can get trapped in their more easily. Great stuff tho! As with most leather conditioners try to use it in the heat.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I just ordered leatherique from their website. They have a special if you order their rejuvenating oil and cleaner. Not sure if you are familiar with their products but saturate the seat with the rejuvenating oil and let it sit for at least a day, keep it wet if the leather sucks any in, then after its allowed to sit, it brings the dirt to the surface in the form of a tacky residue. Clean this all off with their pristine clean followed by a damp rag. This is supposed to hydrate your leather and clean it. Be careful using it on light colored seats that have cracks, as this stuff is known to make the cracks darker because the dirt can get trapped in their more easily. Great stuff tho! As with most leather conditioners try to use it in the heat.
I have light color seats. Might be risky.

3621 - 3640 of 3658 Posts