Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3361 - 3380 of 3491 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice build, wish I had some dubbers of that caliber up by me to cruise with... Just a bunch of dicks in mk7s that don't even know what any of my stuff is. Been looking for a 12 or 13 R to dick around with as of late. What'd that make for power? 450 or so?

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
329 Posts
Sent it on a rollback to my friends shop to have the methanol kit installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice build, wish I had some dubbers of that caliber up by me to cruise with... Just a bunch of dicks in mk7s that don't even know what any of my stuff is. Been looking for a 12 or 13 R to dick around with as of late. What'd that make for power? 450 or so?
yeaaaaah a lotta mk6/7 kids near me too. All they know is like stereo upgrade stuff and whatever vortex tells them or what ecs says will fit ….All the creative people are rocking old school dubs with the occasional cool mk5 kid

Mines still got the stock cams in it so prob in the upper 400’s. The guy I got everything from had cams in his and made just over 500 at the wheels

·
Registered
728 Posts
I wish mine had some with yellow or red calipers lol sooo much silver /chrome on mine
Powdercoating is relatively inexpensive, and very much worth it!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah. My buddy works for a company that powder coats and does it on the side … did my wheels on my tdi wagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man I love that shade of blue!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish mine had some with yellow or red calipers lol sooo much silver /chrome on mine
I had the same "silver blues" on my thunder gray coupe. I took advantage of the pandemic "stay at home" quarantine last year and sprayed mine on the car with the G2 mustang red epoxy paint kit. Lots of cleaning, prep work, and masking (aluminum foil is your friend) but I am happy with the results. Spraying eliminated any potential brush stroke issues and they still look as good as the day I painted them. It is easily my favorite appearance mod and changed the look of the car quite a bit, imho. I also took the opportunity with all four wheels off to apply some sound deadener in the front wheel wells and spray them all down with rubberized undercoating to try and quiet the valvetrain racket from the headers. It helped some, but it still sounds like a supercharged sewing machine. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same "silver blues" on my thunder gray coupe. I took advantage of the pandemic "stay at home" quarantine last year and sprayed mine on the car with the G2 mustang red epoxy paint kit. Lots of cleaning, prep work, and masking (aluminum foil is your friend) but I am happy with the results. Spraying eliminated any potential brush stroke issues and they still look as good as the day I painted them. It is easily my favorite appearance mod and changed the look of the car quite a bit, imho. I also took the opportunity with all four wheels off to apply some sound deadener in the front wheel wells and spray them all down with rubberized undercoating to try and quiet the valvetrain racket from the headers. It helped some, but it still sounds like a supercharged sewing machine. ;)
Lucky. I didn’t get to camp out at the house. I’ve been working 5-6 days a week 10-14 hours a day since 2006
:( and fortunately/unfortunately I make too much to get any of those free money checks I coulda put that money to goooood mod use

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
I got an alignment - and several free scratches in the fenders. Right down to the primer.

Fucking ass fuck shit-for-brains soulless wrench jockeys who show zero fucking respect. I knew as soon as I saw him climing into the cabin with greasy hands I'd be lucky to get the car out of there in one piece.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Oh man... I'd have just stopped him right there and taken the car away. Far, far away. Are they going to make it right, at least?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got an alignment - and several free scratches in the fenders. Right down to the primer.

Fucking ass fuck shit-for-brains soulless wrench jockeys who show zero fucking respect. I knew as soon as I saw him climing into the cabin with greasy hands I'd be lucky to get the car out of there in one piece.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
They’d be paying for that respray

3361 - 3380 of 3491 Posts