Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3341 - 3360 of 3397 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Look at you guys posting about modding your cars..... I hit a raccoon with mine today. Had to put it on the lift and inspect it to see what the damage was.
Yeah, that's not adding any HP's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, that's not adding any HP's.
i was so mad, i was in the wrong lane trying to avoid it. that sob just ran right in to the p/s front, had to pull all the splash guard off and put the fog light back in. doesn't look like it broke anything. small crack in the splash guard and front bumper

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
i was so mad, i was in the wrong lane trying to avoid it. that sob just ran right in to the p/s front, had to pull all the splash guard off and put the fog light back in. doesn't look like it broke anything. small crack in the splash guard and front bumper
Well, since you have it apart, you might as well throw in a cam/cooling/fueling/valvetrain upgrade.😉

Reactions: Teh V

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Reactions: suprahero

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
281 Posts
I don't think he's from Alabama.
Ordinarilly this would hurt my feelings, but since I am a connoisseur of fine Alabama wildlife cuisine I'll let it slide. If you cook a racoon just right, it taste a little like chicken hawk or baked armadillo. YUMMMMY.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Popped out the rear seat cushion in the Wagon. Got the "Gasoline Smell Blues" and am preparing to cut the precise hole that Silver Surfer told us all about to repair the notorious cracked plastic elbow...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ordered a catchcan and changed my water out of the radiator now that I know there’s no leaks … brand new fresh coolant

Also working with my tuner to fix a hot start issue. Cold starts my car starts everytime … runs with no issues, but once up to temp if I cut it off it will not restart for around 5 mins or so then it will fire up without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
In for pics of that R with the front mount haha. My car starts a little funny hot as well, not that it doesn't start, but more like it wants to idle real low and then catches itself... Only if I attempt to restart like you said within a few minutes. BTW I like your HX line routing... That's how I set mine up, and haven't seen many others use the same. I did put some heat sleeve over the section above the header and the top hose from the HX.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
91 Posts
In for pics of that R with the front mount haha. My car starts a little funny hot as well, not that it doesn't start, but more like it wants to idle real low and then catches itself... Only if I attempt to restart like you said within a few minutes. BTW I like your HX line routing... That's how I set mine up, and haven't seen many others use the same. I did put some heat sleeve over the section above the header and the top hose from the HX.
View attachment 153611
After this last adjustment he made it’s starting to get to that point. Before I would NOT start if it was warmed up.

Ask and Ull receive … 04 R running a cogged vortec V2 with a ported housing and a larger billet compressor wheel , fx400 clutch kit , 630cc injectors , 4”maf and intake , aluminum short runner intake manifold and Fmic and custom piping … the black Jetta was bagged and R swapped. I sold that and my tdi golf when I got the V .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3341 - 3360 of 3397 Posts