Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 2838 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
OK, I'll ask.

Whats a Dragy?
I small device you Mount in your car. It has very good gps. Using the app on your phone (I recommend downloading it even if you have not purchased the device; lots of cool video and stats), you can time pretty much all straight line, be it 0-60, 60’, 60-130, 1/4m, 1/8m, 0-130, 100-150, 100-200, 1/2m, 1m, even 60-0. Leaderboards, etc. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed a new catch can and confirmed that my rear main seal is leaking. So the transmission is coming out here shortly to replace it....:mad::mad::mad::mad:. But this is life. I will admit I have debated selling it now once it is fixed. Don't like how there is no room to work on these cars. Changed spark plugs a few weeks ago and it was a PITA. Even looking to diagnose the oil leak has been a PITA as they didn't leave you with much room to work with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a new catch can and confirmed that my rear main seal is leaking. So the transmission is coming out here shortly to replace it....:mad::mad::mad::mad:. But this is life. I will admit I have debated selling it now once it is fixed. Don't like how there is no room to work on these cars. Changed spark plugs a few weeks ago and it was a PITA. Even looking to diagnose the oil leak has been a PITA as they didn't leave you with much room to work with.

So far, I've found the easiest way to do plugs with adult-sized hands is to remove the coil packs on the side your working on. Give you a bit more room to avoid contorting your wrists.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't know how much wrenching you've done in the general sense on cars in the wild, but I'd like to offer here that these cars have a good deal MORE room than MANY others out there. Yes, the bay is pretty full, but it's not packed all that tightly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far, I've found the easiest way to do plugs with adult-sized hands is to remove the coil packs on the side your working on. Give you a bit more room to avoid contorting your wrists.
Yeah I removed the coil packs. The driver side wasnt as bad as the passenger side but cylinder 8 was headache due to the harnesses for the computers.

I don't know how much wrenching you've done in the general sense on cars in the wild, but I'd like to offer here that these cars have a good deal MORE room than MANY others out there. Yes, the bay is pretty full, but it's not packed all that tightly.
I have done my fair share of wrenching. I just know my G8 and Camaro who both had the rear main leaking were much more forgiving. On the camaro i could remove the oil cooler with plenty of room. This looks like the drivers header will have ti come off if it ever starts leaking.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yeah I removed the coil packs. The driver side wasnt as bad as the passenger side but cylinder 8 was headache due to the harnesses for the computers.
It is worse with an underhood ice tank on that side.

When I getting second opinions about my squeak/chrip that turned out to be lifter failure, I had a buddy come over to listen. He works more on Camaros and does restomods using LSAs. He was amazed at how how tight our engine bay is.

That being said, I still have would rather our platform over the others.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is worse with an underhood ice tank on that side.

When I getting second opinions about my squeak/chrip that turned out to be lifter failure, I had a buddy come over to listen. He works more on Camaros and does restomods using LSAs. He was amazed at how how tight our engine bay is.

That being said, I still have would rather our platform over the others.
Oh I bet it is worse with that tank there. I would pay someone at that point. Going to see if this warranty covers this rear main seal if not she going out to the pasture. Lol. I been eyeing a Trackhawk.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
I small device you Mount in your car. It has very good gps. Using the app on your phone (I recommend downloading it even if you have not purchased the device; lots of cool video and stats), you can time pretty much all straight line, be it 0-60, 60’, 60-130, 1/4m, 1/8m, 0-130, 100-150, 100-200, 1/2m, 1m, even 60-0. Leaderboards, etc. Check it out.

This is where I keep mine:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
sweeeeeet
I’m diggin the blue, Z wheels really show them off.
Thanks guys. I went round and round for a year debating on what color to paint them. Although putting the black wheels on certainly made the silvers pop a bit more, I still wanted that extra little umph on them. Say what you want about G2 paint, but I’ve always been happy with them. The self leveling paint works very well imo. Figured if they didn’t turn out well I’d go have them powder coated. Also, I have some touch up to do bc of my dumb ass errors of hitting them with the wheel. G2 don’t and won’t sell any touch up paint, but they were kind enough to sell another can with 25% discount. Lesson, be very careful when remounting your wheels or it’ll cost ya!

2761 - 2780 of 2838 Posts