Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2837 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well the impetus of this step is replacing the isolator, which of course should be accompanied by brick reinforcement/blower porting/snout porting/pulley changes.
When I tackle this part I intend to port the snout and the blower and reinforce the brick all because of the While-You're-In-There rule and the CAI at the same time, of course.
Immediately after doing the brick I will do the heat exchanger and pump.
Injectors/meth/ice box/flex/cam will all have to wait for a while.

However my plans just got interrupted as I'm now about to go overseas for work for likely a couple of months.... oh, well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,723 ·
Since installing my C&R HX, pierburg cwa100 and reinforced brick, my iat2’s are on point and way cooler. With the meth I can let my car eat now and it recovers so fast! What a difference in temps...

Reactions: JonQwest and MYV

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well the impetus of this step is replacing the isolator, which of course should be accompanied by brick reinforcement/blower porting/snout porting/pulley changes.
When I tackle this part I intend to port the snout and the blower and reinforce the brick all because of the While-You're-In-There rule and the CAI at the same time, of course.
Immediately after doing the brick I will do the heat exchanger and pump.
Injectors/meth/ice box/flex/cam will all have to wait for a while.

However my plans just got interrupted as I'm now about to go overseas for work for likely a couple of months.... oh, well.
Then I would do the pulley hub and order a stock size upper. You’re really playing with fire if you change pulley size in stock injectors and that fire looks like a 4400lb paperweight hogging half the garage haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Since installing my C&R HX, pierburg cwa100 and reinforced brick, my iat2’s are on point and way cooler. With the meth I can let my car eat now and it recovers so fast! What a difference in temps...
Was bleeding easy/did you get out all of the bubbles? My tuner could hear the gurgle of air in the system from the cabin. Used some clamps on the hose near the fill neck to restrict flow and bled it that way. I did have the inlet on the bottom and outlets on top for IC brick and heat exchanger, still happened.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Then I would do the pulley hub and order a stock size upper. You’re really playing with fire if you change pulley size in stock injectors and that fire looks like a 4400lb paperweight hogging half the garage haha.
Sounds like you are saying that the stock injectors are already maxed-out? Is there no duty cycle to spare?
I will create a (premature) build thread and look forward to input there.
Link to follow in a moment (pun alert)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sounds like you are saying that the stock injectors are already maxed-out? Is there no duty cycle to spare?
I will create a (premature) build thread and look forward to input there.
Link to follow in a moment (pun alert)
It is cutting it close enough that cold air could put you into 100% duty cycle depending on altitude.

Some have gotten away with it, but that seems to be the exception not the rule.

·
Registered
40 Posts
detailed mine, even took the wheels off the car to clean inner barrels and brakes, rained 2 days later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
I finally fixed my driver door handle so I didn’t have to use the actual key any time I wanted to open the door.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I finally fixed my driver door handle so I didn’t have to use the actual key any time I wanted to open the door.

Well a coupe has an “advantage” in this area.
It is SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS to use the key to open the coupe door, that you will NOT procrastinate on the fix.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Valid point. How inconvenient something is factors into how quickly it gets fixed.
My garage door knob inners broke, but the deadbolt works. I haven’t replaced the knob in about a year.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,735 ·
Yes, I used hptuners to turn on the pump and keep bleeding it till all the air came out. Remember to turn off the pump before opening the bleeder valve. I did this about 4-5 times and works perfect.

Was bleeding easy/did you get out all of the bubbles? My tuner could hear the gurgle of air in the system from the cabin. Used some clamps on the hose near the fill neck to restrict flow and bled it that way. I did have the inlet on the bottom and outlets on top for IC brick and heat exchanger, still happened.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Tune day. Previous owner said it put down 609. Let's see what we get.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Finally got my effing balancer mess sorted and got my car back together. About 15 hours said and done for heads, cam, oil pump, plus designing a new steam vent setup.. also includes putting my vadder back on which is never fun. Will try and get a new diy going asap after I get Caught up with all this backed up work.

2721 - 2740 of 2837 Posts