Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sent the stock wheels in for black chrome powder coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continental DWS06 265/35-20’s all around. I’m in Seattle and I drive my car, daily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got 2 new taillights from GM Parts direct for the wagon: $700 a piece but worth it. The PO plastidipped the originals for some reason and the of course shrunk form the heat! Installed and very please.

Reactions: KrzyFast

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just ordered OEM front 2 piece rotors and OEM rear rotors with Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads. Looking forward to next weekends project...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought my car with vht on the tails. Ended up wet sanding them off. It took hours.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe to make them look more like Sedan tails?
Who knows..the heat pulled them away almost an inch from the body. Don’t recommend any paint given they’ll do that on their own over time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Picked up my stock wheels from the powder coaters today.

Black chrome. Going to put the Conti DWS’s back on tomorrow along with new brakes with 2 piece front rotors.

Reactions: Teh V and KrzyFast

·
Super Moderator
17,146 Posts
Brian’s aka Evil V

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Nice, thanks. Beast.
Greg, why don’t you have your drag setup on as well?

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I swapped at the track.

I made 2 passes. First a shake down, then a second on low boost. Either blew an oil line or turbo seal. Done for the day. Looks like I get to go home on the trailer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I swapped at the track. 2 passes. First a shake down, then a second on low boost. Either blew an oil line or turbo seal. Done for the day. Looks like I get to go home on the trailer.
Damn, that's a bummer. Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Comp oil-less/air cooled turbos?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I took the two screws out of my steering column that were loose put blue loctite on them and cranked them back down so my steering wheel quits moving in and out with load.

[vid]

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Damn, that's a bummer. Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Comp oil-less/air cooled turbos?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I actually know nothing about them, BUT, it turns out I only blew a charge pipe off one of the turbos (good) but said pipe was full of oil (not good). I limped it 85 miles home. Will dig into deeper in the coming weeks, so I may be getting a crash course in oil-less turbos real soon...
In other news, there is impending movement on the fastest V3 list...

2521 - 2537 of 2537 Posts