Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2557 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Not today, but this weekend. I had some silver wrap on the dash which looked pretty good, but was starting wear. I ordered some VVivid carbon fiber wrap and decided to try my hand at installing it. Only messed up one section and had to redo it, but the rest came out surprisingly good. I was concerned the black carbon would clash with the silver carbon, but it works in my opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed C/R HX, BMR black ice box, new NGK plugs, 160 degree thermostat, and waiting on hose and hardware to finish. Airaid was a month ago. Car was stock. I bought a set of 4 Racestar rims with new MT drag radial and skinnies. Next Thursday she goes to the speed shop for upper, lower, ID1050 inject, flex fuel sensor, dual fuel pumps, and 93 and E85 tune. Hoping for a 10.99 ET.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Received delivery of my package from Huron Speed... Things are about to get rowdy gentleman.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
When are you starting a build thread?

·
Registered
40 Posts
[/QUOT
I will do a complete build thread when I have all the details of everything that gets done including part numbers and pulley ratios. I would also like to get some dyno before and after and ET's. I did run on crappy street tires with a high DA stock @ 12.8sec and 108mph. more to come.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I already have a build thread, should be in my signature.

I meant, adding in just the turbos....but I'll go through it. Cheers.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I meant, adding in just the turbos....but I'll go through it. Cheers.
Oh yeah lol. I've got a laundry list of things happening soon, I'll post that update on my build thread soon. I've been collecting parts for the last year or so, in anticipation of the turbo upgrade... Just took almost a full year longer for Huron Speed to finally release the revised kit.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Got a new stable mate for my 2018 V . Got a 2018 escalade platinum , every option. The best part is the 10 speed. The platinum interior is pretty nice. Dark colored wood and all suede headliner and interior with black buckets. Exactly what I was looking for (would have like the satin steel color ) . Plan to lower it a bit and may do a maggie 2300 or lt4 1700 in the future.

If anyone ever shops for a new to you (used) gm truck or suv. Do yourself a huge favor and spend a few more bucks to get the 10 speed (18+). I found tons of 17s with the 8 speed and all of them had something off. The worst was a high 30k mile with 4wd. The tcc had a mind of its own at low speeds. Not much resolutions out from what I read either.

I will say the 8 speed in the v is the same but different converter. Even at 8k miles ive seen some shudder but a tcm tune and flush seems to be all good. Though I have a feeling the trans service will be every other oil service.

Just thought I'd share the new baby mover for the better half.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
You can move a lit of babies in that. Nice!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
AAC15BBB-07BE-4207-AA8C-B2FA2CE9C733.jpeg

Installed my new plates. Lovely spare tire on my truck in the reflectio. That’s a whole other story :mad:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Did this

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fluidyne heat exchanger and reinforced brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2501 - 2520 of 2557 Posts