Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fixed Cadillac's mistake. Not sure why they didn't put paddle shifters in our cars other than price. Cheaper cars have them. They actually look better in person (I still have an S4 phone) and work great considering these were not designed for our cars (VW Golf). They match the steering wheel buttons color really well and have a polished edge to match the chrome on the wheel. Overa;; very happy with my $16 purchase.
Wait, what's this? $16 paddles from a VW Golf fit our buttons?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ebay

Looks like they are a couple bucks more now and mine came from PHX not China but these are the same:

They are not a direct fit. You remove the cups that they come with. I used super fast set epoxy (3m 4747) to glue them to the stock buttons. With the epoxy they aren't going anywhere. I've used this epoxy to glue body kits on cars before and what I use to glue shafts in golf clubs. Just have to be sure you put them where you want them and fast... LOL!!!

The expoy starts to set in 20 seconds, 1 minute clamp time, 1 hour full cure and is thick enough not to run.

I've read others have just used double stick tape and some that used double stick tape and drilled a couple of holes and mounted them to the stock buttons.

I didn't want to remove the stock buttons to drill into.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
My lovely wife is waaaaaaay too scared to drive mine. She actually has a 3.6 CTS but is afraid what would happen if she gets in an accident. I swear I wouldn’t be upset. NOT! I’d lose it for sure. LOL

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,484
Was doing Matt’s 2.5 cam last week and realized the cam bearings in my motor were fucked. Now it’s being torn down completely and getting forged piston/rods, ported heads and more. Time for more power, should pass the 700rwhp mark now. Should be a fun street car now once it’s completed.

Reactions: V_Wagon

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had my rims powdercoated by C2 Powdercoat in Bradenton, FL. They did a great job. The color is Crystal Grey 5913. Its a Prismatic Powder color.
It has some cool flop to it. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Looks great.
Surprised you have those tires. Is it due to the 3:00 pm rain showers?

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks! Yeah those 3pm showers have turned into Downpours lately, lol! The Continental Extreme Contract Sports do well in the rain and they hook pretty good.....its mostly stock right now....just a ported TB and an Airaid.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I remember those downpours in the afternoons while in Orlando in the Navy in the early ‘90’s. Traffic would stop on the freeways! People would park under an overpass.
Those are the same tires I have for the Pacific Northwest winters. I have an Airaid intake and Kooks headers, and I can break them loose any time I want below 40mph. I’m still trying to convince my wife I need a summer wheel/tire setup. It makes total financial sense!

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
338 Posts
You're running summer tires for NW Winter setup? These aren't the DWS all season tires. These are summer tires.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'm always pissed I can't get any action in the V & this morning on the way to work (5am & cool) I randomly stop at a set of lights with a bike sitting there. Definitely didn't look like a pea shooter (decent rear tire & sounded heathly), think it was a CBR 600 after some research.

I was like "fack it", let's see how this plays out. Take off like normal to feel it out, shift to 2nd & give it some gas. Hear him wind up so I'm like "👀", foot to the floor, let off at 190 (120mph) & there had to of been 10+ bus lengths between us & never saw him again.

Best part is im retuning again so it was perfect for a log lol

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I often use a Mom & Pop hand wash place for their $20 "cash" Inside & Outside. The crew is good but they don't do the wheels and stuff like I do, but for it taking about 20-30 minutes.

Today wasn't one of those days. Wheels and wash (3 times with foam and mitt) wax .

Washing the car is like polishing shoes in the service, there is a certain Zen to it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got new tires put on, I went for the PS 4S. Did new lug nuts/locks, and TPMS sensors while they were in there.

No more vibration at 80 mph, and it hooks way better than the worn out Toyos that were on there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ebay

Looks like they are a couple bucks more now and mine came from PHX not China but these are the same:

They are not a direct fit. You remove the cups that they come with. I used super fast set epoxy (3m 4747) to glue them to the stock buttons. With the epoxy they aren't going anywhere. I've used this epoxy to glue body kits on cars before and what I use to glue shafts in golf clubs. Just have to be sure you put them where you want them and fast... LOL!!!

The expoy starts to set in 20 seconds, 1 minute clamp time, 1 hour full cure and is thick enough not to run.

I've read others have just used double stick tape and some that used double stick tape and drilled a couple of holes and mounted them to the stock buttons.

I didn't want to remove the stock buttons to drill into.

Please send picture :oops:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I ordered those paddles, but haven't put them on yet. They are pretty beefy, 4mm thick aluminum, and came with some 3M double sided tape. Not bad for $19. I haven't tried to test fit them but I'm sure some trimming will need to be done on the plastic part that interfaces with the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Reactions: SilverSurfer

·
Registered
303 Posts
I changed the rear diff fluid yesterday using the OEM GM diff fluid. After the fluid swap I did a quick run down the street and noticed immediately that all of my low speed growl (only heard when turning left) was completely gone.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I changed the rear diff fluid yesterday using the OEM GM diff fluid. After the fluid swap I did a quick run down the street and noticed immediately that all of my low speed growl (only heard when turning left) was completely gone.
Did you use the additive GM suggests?

2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts