Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2527 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,859 Posts
removed low temp thermostat that I assume stuck yesterday and replaced with OEM one
I pulled up to my shop just as the needle approached 260

·
Premium Member
271 Posts

4th alignment in two years. Hopefully the last for a while.

• New upper/lower control arms with CS red bushings
  • WPX sway bar (need to install rear still)
  • 275/35/19 General Gmax RS x 4
Should be fun...

Reactions: MYV and V_Wagon

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
After a stupid moment, I had to pull my WB O2 sensor to free air calibrate it again. Last week I managed to get into the Calibration screen when trying to set my AFR display from the default max reading of 16 to 20 (or 1.1λ to 1.37λ) trying to save the changes that the Owners Manual doesn't tell you how to do. Otherwise you have to change it each time you power up the unit. I realized I had gone into the Calibration screen and immediately hit the mode button again which failed the Calibration test. I contacted NGK and the Tech told me how to save the mode 20 (1.37λ) setting by holding the mode button for 3 seconds after changing from the default mode 16 (1.1λ) to mode 20 (1.37λ) and recommended I recalibrate the sensor.

Sure would be nice if that would have been in the manual.

Wasn't as bad I thought it would be because I put the sensor in the pipe before I put the pipe in the car. Was able to get my cressent wrench on it and do it. Only took about 30 minutes of stupid correction time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bought a 2.4 pulley and hub and washed it. Rained the next day. Never fails with hawaii weather.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It's a Doorstop.... couldn't see past her phat ass!

LCD mirror w/GPS, front and rear cameras. Parking monitoring, 9 days of looped recording.
One of the greatest racing lines in movie history.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
havent been on in a while. Got texas speed catless xpipe and headers from Brent at weapon X and a reinforced brick from Decicated. Got a tune and made 542/536.

been on the V vs. the world FB page for a while now

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
havent been on in a while. Got texas speed catless xpipe and headers from Brent at weapon X and a reinforced brick from Decicated. Got a tune and made 542/536.

been on the V vs. the world FB page for a while now
I deleted V vs World when it got less about V, close on CTSV Elite.

FB sellers are flakey too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Installed a rear camera for the Navtool. Decent image quality, but not a very wide view angle, and it's pointed too far down. It's an ebay cheapie integrated in a license plate light lens, so there's no adjustment unless I start gently breaking stuff.

Also flashed an update to the trans tune to enable the hotly debated auto shift in TUTD mode. Thanks to everyone who posted info on how to set this up.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Took Pearl to the dealership to replace AC belt and have new colored, heavy duty, silicone heater hoses that I got from Alexander to be a test mule.

No more "T" that can break. These, according to the mechanic at the dealership, don't bend easy.

Going to put on matching intercooler lines this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Fixed Cadillac's mistake. Not sure why they didn't put paddle shifters in our cars other than price. Cheaper cars have them. They actually look better in person (I still have an S4 phone) and work great considering these were not designed for our cars (VW Golf). They match the steering wheel buttons color really well and have a polished edge to match the chrome on the wheel. Overall very happy with my $16 purchase.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
605 Posts
Fixed Cadillac's mistake. Not sure why they didn't put paddle shifters in our cars other than price. Cheaper cars have them. They actually look better in person (I still have an S4 phone) and work great considering they were not for our cars. They match the steering wheel buttons color really well and have a polished edge to match the chrome on the wheel. Overa;; very happy with my $16 purchase.
That looks pretty good, though I still prefer my tri-pedal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
That looks pretty good, though I still prefer my tri-pedal.

Long story short, the wife would only say yes to an automatic. Even though she rarely drives it and hasn't in about a year.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Long story short, the wife would only say yes to an automatic. Even though she rarely drives it and hasn't in about a year.
Yeah...I feel you on that... Damn tho lol

2461 - 2480 of 2527 Posts