Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2248 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
What happened? Did you drop the plug when installing it or smack it with the header pipe when installing those???
That's a good question & I wish I knew.

They were installed after the headers were on. I'm assuming it may have had a hairline crack from install & got progressively worse over time. I did notice acouple burnt wires last week which may have accelerated the issue. Plug otherwise looks good & have 15k on them.

I did read that plugs could crack from the engine running hot/lean. So of course my mind is running wild. Lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm pretty sure they mean the part around the electrode, not the external part! Do any others have damage?

And yesterday I put a battery charger on mine after not driving it for 2 weeks. :(

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
All the others were normal. Rubbed my dirty finger around the plug & didn't come across anything crack wise. All plugs looked the same otherwise.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Went for an extended rip and ended up burning just over a 1/4 in a half hour. Lol

It's good to escape the house and get some vitamin V.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Took my 09 out today for the 1st time this year. Pushed it over 140 several times & it wasn't even breathing hard ...
That's what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
First spring wash and she shines! Noticed my alignment is terrible and have bad inner tire wear. Took the 20's off and put the stockers back on. Was surprised how much different and soft the 19's felt.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Pulled my rear diff...Waiting on a new GM Unit. : (

·
Registered
13 Posts
Changed my steering wheel from leather to suede/alcantara. Looks awesome and only had a few issues. 1. Took me a while to get the new on. Struggled lining it up nd it didn’t wanna go on too easily. 2. It’s noticeably thinner than the leather wheel. 3. Had some issues with some lights(stabilitrac and Trac control) coming on, but got them off eventually. Happy with the look! Shift knob on the way!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
2201 - 2220 of 2248 Posts