Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2248 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did the same during my diff swap. Do you have the cutting tool for the TRZ bushings? I have one you can borrow and I highly recommend it. The delrin compresses when you press it into the knuckle.

Also, diablo metal cutting blades for a sawzaw make quick work for the subframe bushing sleeves. Just take your time to not go clean through the subframe! ;D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That would be great if I could borrow cutting tool. Creative steel just came out with bushing for stock rear diff. I just order those also.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
That would be great if I could borrow cutting tool. Creative steel just came out with bushing for stock rear diff. I just order those also.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Send me a PM with your mailing address. I'd ask for a refundable deposit plus shipping until you send it back.

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
As for me, I replaced the diff fluid on my GForce / Strange differential.

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Which fluid do you go with Jesse?
generic non-synthetic 85w140 gear oil per the instructions from Strange. I will probably just replace it yearly like I did with the OEM stuff, since it is pretty easy with this unit. I did just order quad resonators and a case of Redline 10w40 though...

·
Registered
509 Posts
generic non-synthetic 85w140 gear oil per the instructions from Strange. I will probably just replace it yearly like I did with the OEM stuff, since it is pretty easy with this unit. I did just order quad resonators and a case of Redline 10w40 though...
Ah shit!! Sounds like a party!!

Have you heard much about Liqui-Moly? I had a shop around here trusted by many good guys I know recommend that, but I know little about it.

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Ah shit!! Sounds like a party!!

Have you heard much about Liqui-Moly? I had a shop around here trusted by many good guys I know recommend that, but I know little about it.
Well, "moly" is not bad, but in this case Strange engineering knows a hell of a lot more about their helical gears than I do - so when they go out of their way to specifically discourage the use of synthetics vs traditional 85w140...

for $10 per change, I'll just do it yearly and not overthink it. And that means I'm not going to worry about additives, moly or anything else.

Per Strange Engineering:
Gear Lube

DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC GEAR OIL
Will adversely affect unit operation and void warranty

Use Only Petroleum Based 85W-140 Gear Oil

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
I talked to her today because she heard of crazy cheap 93 out in the wild, so she was antsy about burning off the winter gas and getting a fresh tank. Insurance will be put on next week since the temps will be around 9*C for the short term, so I hope that they'll stop brining the f'n roads at night!

Also have to investigate an intermittent oil leak on the DS, probably the oil cooler gasket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Polished half of her and took the wheels off to do a thorough cleaning of the calipers. Also put some locking lugs on. Can’t believe the 1st owner didn’t have locking lugs. He definitely kept it in the garage for the last 8 years. Just another affirmation of how well this guy took care of it. Lucky me!
Dang this polishing detail is a lot of work and takes a long time!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Not bad for 6 year old wheels, sprayed easy-off oven cleaner on the inside, waited 5 minutes than used a 0001 steel wool pad, then pressure wash them. dried and sealed the wheels with the ceramic coating.
That Silver with red calipers is Poppin.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Car wash and 2 new o2's. Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Mine is a 2013 with 30K. So far so good with sensors and other things.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Something just didn't feel right..

2181 - 2200 of 2248 Posts