Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
840 Posts
Couple quarantine projects ive been working on, coil pack covers are being powdercoated as we speak

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Unless I missed it, it didn’t say what material that is. I would assume it’s Alcantara? Is it? Looks amazing!

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Ordered my 20” wheels and tires from Jon. Went with the Z28 Replicas Glossy black and I cant wait to get them!! So so stoked! ??. Will post pics when they arrive!

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
The front pieces I negotiated from 2 different sellers on eBay and the spoiler I bought for $100 using the app Banggood. Came from China in less than a month but this was 6 months ago.
Do you have any pics of the spoiler from different angles? I’d love to see the full look of it. Thx

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Ordered my first performance mod this morning. Airaid intake from Monts! Also changed those ugly @ss incandescent DRL bulbs to Xenon white 5300lms bulbs. I have to say, I did this DRL mod on my two old CTS’s and my wife’s CTS and these bulbs I put in today, are stunningly bright white! So bright, standing 30 feet away in full sun I couldn’t keep staring bc they were hurting my eyes! Seriously! If we cant have the cool vertical DRL’s that come on todays Caddy’s, we make the best with what we have I reckon
Can’t wait for that new intake to arrive! So Stoked!

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I bloodied my knuckles swapping spark plugs. Ugh.

Naturally an accel 9000 wire separated, but I was able to salvage it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Do spark plugs really make a lot of difference in performance in our cars? I’ve changed many plugs over the years but never really noticed any difference. I hear guys on here talking a lot about changing them often

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
You match the spark plugs to your engine setup. They don’t add power, they support an environment for higher horsepower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I continue showing my ignorance to engine performance. But, I will learn. Thanks brother

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I’m a little confused on the V badges. Which one is the V3 badge? Looks like you put the one with color on. You’re saying the 2009 V had silver badges? What am I missing?
Whats that website BadV?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Look what arrived late yesterday! Whoop whoop! First performance mod! Thanks Mont Motorsports and UPS 1 day delivery! Awesomeness!
Yellow Auto part Tire Table Advertising

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Bad V is a member here that I purchased them from. The old graphite badge is one I picked up from another member (not here anymore?) when my originals were faded and nasty. I'm going back to a more OEM look.

Part #23103789 fits ATS/CTS V 2016-2019
Oh ok. That graphite badge was actually pretty cool lookin! But I get it with the OEM look.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
installed dms 100mm idler pulley, airaid green filter and sideswipe deflector. Going Green:cool:
I’m in the middle of installing my Airaid yest and today. When I decide to go green, am I gonna have topull the whole AIraid unit out to put the green filter in? Just curious

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I actually got the box installed last night but connecting the bottom to that ground certainly was a PITA! Hope to finish up today 👏🏻👏🏻

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
That’s probably a very good idea. PITA or not, I’d rather not damage the new filter.

Question
I think I read the green filter makes a world of difference. I can’t imagine it would be that different. Can anyone elaborate a little on the differences in the green and red filters as far as performance and sound?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts

Wheels are off to be powder coated black. Next step is to change the calipers to red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s awesome! I’m in the same boat. We had this conversation in another thread about powder coating. Mind if I ask how much it’s going to cost to get them powder coated? I want mine done too!

New wheels on and Airaid intake all done today! Super stoked!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac cts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Who's wheels are those?
Not sure you’ll see this or not, I seem to be getting my post taken down for some reason, but the wheels and tires I got here from Jon at Bestwheeldeals.com. Good guy and always answered any questions I had.
Those rears are sick as shit! I went with the 315/30 20’s and WOW! Never seen any that wide, other than on a Z06 or ZR1.

Got my V on my Airaid today!
Vehicle Car Engine Luxury vehicle Auto part

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
My lovely wife is waaaaaaay too scared to drive mine. She actually has a 3.6 CTS but is afraid what would happen if she gets in an accident. I swear I wouldn’t be upset. NOT! I’d lose it for sure. LOL

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
FINALLY had my PPF installed on thr front end. Didn’t do the whole hood unfortunately. I asked the guy to do it, but he didn’t have that size of film in stock. Sill happy it’s done tho. Now I can drive comfortably without worrying about rock chips up front. The guy did a wonderful job for a reasonable price. Anyone in Fort Worth, Tx that wants it done, it’s at Auto designs in north Ft Worth. Good guy! 10 year warranty.
I was shocked calling all around DFW at the different prices. Some up to $5k for whole car. Yikes

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Been so cold and slick out lately, the only thing I could do is just start her up and let her warm up.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
You must be in Dallas Fort Worth area! Yes it’s a mess outside. Especially today, no matter where you are in Texas! Snow day tomorrow!! Whoop whoop!! Sounds amazing tho!!

1 - 18 of 146 Posts