Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How about like a matte coffee/tan? Sort of like a military type look with blacked out trim? Could look pretty cool
I've read that matte collects dust vs. smoother surfaces and defeats my need to hide dirt in between washes. And I don't want to sound like I don't take care of my car because I do, but living in the desert, you'll have a layer of dust within 6-hours after washing the car and only gets worse day by day until the following weekend's wash. Now imagine that on deep gloss black paint. And I'm only going satin because most wrap material has some level of orange peel that I'm not ok with.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How many colors for the 4k ?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The shop that gave me the quote offers 3M which has plenty of colors (link) and I'm going with 1080 satin dark grey. I'm not considering other wrap vendors because there is more positive feedback on a number if issues for 3M vs. the various other vendors out there.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
that's pretty cool looking and the black chrome wrap is what I'd like to do except for keeping the chrome mesh inside the front grills.

3M satin dark grey example

I'm also a huge fan of Lamborghini's and their stock silver and grey paint colors over the years that are and influences in my color choice. (example link & link)

·
Registered
983 Posts
that's pretty cool looking and the black chrome wrap is what I'd like to do except for keeping the chrome mesh inside the front grills.

3M satin dark grey example

I'm also a huge fan of Lamborghini's and their stock silver and grey paint colors over the years that are and influences in my color choice. (example link & link)
I gotcha, just figured a color that sort of looks like dust would hide it and look cooo at the same time

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I gotcha, just figured a color that sort of looks like dust would hide it and look cooo at the same time
I originally was interested in charcoal metallic and am still struggling to make the final final choice between the colors, but having any level of orange peel because it's gloss would be a show stopper.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
More colors = higher price.
You mean like a custom pattern like your race car livery right? I think OP is talking about just a standard single color wrap like most street cars get.
Unless he wants to go two tone and make is look like a Rolls Royce or Maybach haha.

I really want to wrap my new LX 570 in a nice bright blue (like Vector blue from caddy). Its so big and the black paint just attracts scratches dings and swirls I hate it.

Reactions: m13s

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You mean like a custom pattern like your race car livery right? I think OP is talking about just a standard single color wrap like most street cars get.
Unless he wants to go two tone and make is look like a Rolls Royce or Maybach haha.

I really want to wrap my new LX 570 in a nice bright blue (like Vector blue from caddy). Its so big and the black paint just attracts scratches dings and swirls I hate it.
I wouldn't do chrome or color flips either :LOL:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm just realizing that I can probably do a matte finish if I ceramic coat the wrap and that should help prevent dust buildup which is more prone to matte finishes. Plus it'll help preserve it since it has a shorter lifespan than satin or gloss wrt durability. Is my logic off here?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
617 Posts
Or close to the red obsession. That color with everything else blacked out is probably the most gorgeous combo I’ve ever seen on a v3.
White with cf is the tits

Reactions: chalizmo

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
98 Posts
$4000 is not out of line for a full wrap with quality material. To do it properly takes a lot of skill and labor. If they are really skilled they can tuck a lot of wrap in, but most guys will need to remove trim, door handles and lights. Also curved surfaces are challenging as well. You will need two guys for the larger panels. In Houston there is a lot of competition so last time I checked it was more like 2800-3500 depending on what color. This was a year or so ago so I'm sure prices went up like everything else. I guess certain color vinyls are more expensive? I didn't ask.

Everyone seems to like 3M and they had some really nice blues I was interested in. One was like an ice blue and another was closer to vector blue. Just not sure I was sold on the matte look that most wraps have. I don't blame you for wanting to wrap a black car...they are tough. They look great for 5 min after washing and that's it. I never went thru with it because I'm poor and I really like GMs tri coat white so I spent the wrap money on carbon fiber and firearms.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
$4000 is not out of line for a full wrap with quality material. To do it properly takes a lot of skill and labor. If they are really skilled they can tuck a lot of wrap in, but most guys will need to remove trim, door handles and lights. Also curved surfaces are challenging as well. You will need two guys for the larger panels. In Houston there is a lot of competition so last time I checked it was more like 2800-3500 depending on what color. This was a year or so ago so I'm sure prices went up like everything else. I guess certain color vinyls are more expensive? I didn't ask.

Everyone seems to like 3M and they had some really nice blues I was interested in. One was like an ice blue and another was closer to vector blue. Just not sure I was sold on the matte look that most wraps have. I don't blame you for wanting to wrap a black car...they are tough. They look great for 5 min after washing and that's it. I never went thru with it because I'm poor and I really like GMs tri coat white so I spent the wrap money on carbon fiber and firearms.

This.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I found a shop that I think is much better than the other two and they are actually lower in price. It'll be $4,100 all in and includes ceramic coating plus installing my new CF rear diffuser and a couple other CF goodies.

The next price in question is doing the door jams which would be another $1,200 and need to make a decision on in the next few days so they can order extra material. Have any of you done this and if so how much did it cost you? And for anyone who is wrapped but didn't do the door jams, what is your experience?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
617 Posts
I found a shop that I think is much better than the other two and they are actually lower in price. It'll be $4,100 all in and includes ceramic coating plus installing my new CF rear diffuser and a couple other CF goodies.

The next price in question is doing the door jams which would be another $1,200 and need to make a decision on in the next few days so they can order extra material. Have any of you done this and if so how much did it cost you? And for anyone who is wrapped but didn't do the door jams, what is your experience?
do the door jambs. Pay the extra. Otherwise it looks like shit. But tell them for that $$, anywhere there is paint, you want it wrapped. Like the trunk and hood overlap

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I wrapped my black ZL1, in a satin gray with some designs on it. I live in Maricopa Arizona having a black car here is just incredibly time-consuming. I paid 4200. With a three-year manufacture warranty on the wrap and a one-year work warranty. The gray seems to be really friendly with the dust/dirt.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I wrapped my black ZL1, in a satin gray with some designs on it. I live in Maricopa Arizona having a black car here is just incredibly time-consuming. I paid 4200. With a three-year manufacture warranty on the wrap and a one-year work warranty. The gray seems to be really friendly with the dust/dirt.
Thank you for sharing. I'm also getting a one-year work warranty but a 4-5 year warranty based on if the car is garaged or not. They didn't say how it's verified but I'll take the 4-year warranty since it'll live in both places without consistency. And when you say grey is friendly with dust/dirt, does that mean it hides it well in between washes?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I'm also getting a one-year work warranty but a 4-5 year warranty based on if the car is garaged or not. They didn't say how it's verified but I'll take the 4-year warranty since it'll live in both places without consistency. And when you say grey is friendly with dust/dirt, does that mean it hides it well in between washes?
Yes, that color hides it very well. I have black wheels so that is still a struggle. Be sure and get a satin finish that helps with it not being so dull from the dust.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
cool thank you that’s a relief, I’ve been worried about color selection and dust before making such a big investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts