Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Fed Ex didnt deliver my second tire to the tire store. They got one early from UPS and the other was coming fed ex and was suppose to be there by lunch but it never showed up. Hopefully it's there tomorrow.
I've got a checkup at the doctors office at eight in the morning. I then have to drive to Hueytown to measure a roof for a metal roof. Im then going to birmingham to buy me a new gap wedge and then hopefullly getting my tires mounted. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it.

Our roads aren't that bad, but we do have some messed up drivers. Alabama finally passed a law saying you can't be in the fast lane unless you are passing someone. You can no longer ride in the fast lane for shits and giggles.

Registered
Fed Ex didnt deliver my second tire to the tire store. They got one early from UPS and the other was coming fed ex and was suppose to be there by lunch but it never showed up. Hopefully it's there tomorrow.
I've got a checkup at the doctors office at eight in the morning. I then have to drive to Hueytown to measure a roof for a metal roof. Im then going to birmingham to buy me a new gap wedge and then hopefullly getting my tires mounted. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it.

Our roads aren't that bad, but we do have some messed up drivers. Alabama finally passed a law saying you can't be in the fast lane unless you are passing someone. You can no longer ride in the fast lane for shits and giggles.
Mississippi passed that a few years back, nobody obeys it any more than they do the speed limit. That large area full of construction for the last few years is the worst part. Over by the Summit isn鈥檛 terrible.

Registered
2019 CTS Vsport
I bought my V almost a year ago. It has slick pilot sport somethings on there. I bought two new ones thinking they must be good for the car. I kept them on for a week and ended up buying two r888's for the rear. The pilot sports didnt hold traction very well. The new r888's were a lot better. Unfortunately they only lasted about five months and I don't daily drive my car. They're really slick and I'm scared to drive my car now till I get them replaced. Ive ordered two new Nitto 555rII's. They had great reviews and I used to run the older nitto 555r's on my supra before I went to the Mickey Thompson ET streets. I don't really want to go this route on my V because I love driving it and don't want to fear getting caught out in the rain with the ET streets. They do not perform well in the rain. The new Nitto's however, are designed to perform well in the rain and still give you great traction. I"m just curious what you 600 and above guys run on your car that performs well on 40 or 60 mph launches. Thanks, Jay
Pirelli P Plus run flats...nothing more sticky!

Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I have them on and so far so good. I haven't even heard them chirp or slip from a 55 mph kick. I've went around a few curves doing some spirited driving and they track perfectly. I'm not a road course expert or anything but so far for normal roads and fast acceleration they have been perfect. I'll be in Cherokee NC all of next week playing in the WSOP events so I won't be driving my car. I'll let you know how it handles in the rain when I get back.

Those Pirelli P's are half the price of the Nitto's. First I've heard of them and you say Nothing is more sticky. That's pretty strong GhostCad.

Dick Pickles
I鈥檝e tried them all it seems, and I just got fed up with lack of traction. I went with the MT E/T Street S/S to solve most traction problems. I鈥檝e driven them in the rain, and they are not as bad as people make them out to be. Now, I certainly would not go around flooring it in the rain, but they drive just fine in the rain as long as you are careful. For fronts, I drive whatever is quality and available (I don鈥檛 put enough miles in the wagon to really worry about fronts).
JMHO.

Reactions: suprahero
21 - 28 of 28 Posts