Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: loweredd

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I ultimately ordered the FORE Triple system spec'ed by and bought through Matt Lt1Z. They don't offer the Holley Hydromats and Matt hasn't used them, so I'm looking for experiences with hydromats....especially with triple pumps. Anecdotal evidence claims that the Hydromats can tame the fuel-slosh-starvation that has been reported to occur with the FORE when used in Vs. Anybody ?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I ultimately ordered the FORE Triple system spec'ed by and bought through Matt Lt1Z. They don't offer the Holley Hydromats and Matt hasn't used them, so I'm looking for experiences with hydromats....especially with triple pumps. Anecdotal evidence claims that the Hydromats can tame the fuel-slosh-starvation that has been reported to occur with the FORE when used in Vs. Anybody ?
I'm currently getting them retrofitted to my Fore Triple system. I haven't experienced a problem without them, but I just want to have them for added peace of mind because I live in a hilly area with lots of sharp turns. I will report back my experiences once I get my car back.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks for that. I very much want to know 'how' to connect them to the Walbro-style pump(s). On Holley's site, it appears that the mats are only available with some variant of a hose connection; nothing that resembles a direct-to-pump mounting.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Have you had no issues with surging or starvation in dragstrip use? At less than half-tank?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I remember there being a hydromat that connects directly to the pump. Im sure someone here has used it.
MrSurly - Papi is correct. The hydramat is designed to connect directly to the pump. From what I can see the most important thing is purchasing the proper size mat for your application (see pic).

Also, I haven't taken my car to the dragstrip yet to test. However, even with the hydramats, I would not go full throttle with anything less than what is shown in pic 2.
Font Screenshot Technology Natural material Gas
Automotive lighting Font Cameras & optics Circle Science

shown in the pic.

Reactions: nsaness
41 - 48 of 48 Posts