Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
98 Posts
Are there double pumps that can do the job?
Here's what I'd like to see from those in the know: What is the generally understood HP limit of each of these systems...

stock pumps:
DW300 X2:
DW300s + aux:
2x ANY pump model, you pick:
Fore triple:

For the DW300's + Aux. Check out what @random84 did with his car. He is in the 800's on pump with head room on e. Redoing the lines opened up room.

Post 1198 if I didn't copy the link right.

I'll be doing the same with mine. DW300's with ALM stage 2 hat and redoing the lines between the tank and motor. I'll be running 3x 340 lph pumps essentially.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For the DW300's + Aux. Check out what @random84 did with his car. He is in the 800's on pump with head room on e. Redoing the lines opened up room.

I'll be doing the same with mine. DW300's with ALM stage 2 hat and redoing the lines between the tank and motor. I'll be running 3x 340 lph pumps essentially.
Well I know someone with AnALM hat and two DW300s with very few miles that might soon be in a mood to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zjonesie

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts

I have a LOT of headroom. I ran e70 last summer to 7k RPM with plenty of margin; I want to say 80-85% duty cycle but I'd have to check. Car should be 900+ with ethanol.
I've been very happy with the setup.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have a LOT of headroom. I ran e70 last summer to 7k RPM with plenty of margin; I want to say 80-85% duty cycle but I'd have to check. Car should be 900+ with ethanol.
I've been very happy with the setup.

swapping subjects: Driveshafts; I think you had a CF one? And trouble with it. Have you had one of the aluminum ones? I’m considering the PST version.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The AI in tank is only dual pump afaik
Yes, these are the pump options

I don’t know how their top combo (460&520) compares to Fore’s Triple in actual thoughput.

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
swapping subjects: Driveshafts; I think you had a CF one? And trouble with it. Have you had one of the aluminum ones? I’m considering the PST version.

Yes, the glue delaminates from heat over time. It was a common problem.

No issues with aluminum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And what happens under half-tank? Starvation?
I keep reading that Hydramats are the fix
Yes you can’t run the fore system with under a 1/3 tank. You will starve the pumps. I have the alm triple pump bucket and have done 1.3 60ft with less than 1/4 tank with no fuel starvation issues at all. You do have to buy the fuel pump controller, fuel rails and fuel lines separately but it’s the best system out there for the CTSV.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was making a dual pump setup (for both Camaro & CTS-V) that I mounted in the rear of the tank that activated off of boost, while leaving the factory pump(s) intact.
The unfortunate part is it is labor intensive & shipping the tank back & forth is costly due to the size, so I do not actively market it.

The plus is that it is not fuel level dependent, will support in excess of 1300rwhp & does not cause any codes as the factory pump is not modified.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
wouldn’t be that big of a deal to drop the tank while it’s up there….

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was making a dual pump setup (for both Camaro & CTS-V) that I mounted in the rear of the tank that activated off of boost, while leaving the factory pump(s) intact.
The unfortunate part is it is labor intensive & shipping the tank back & forth is costly due to the size, so I do not actively market it.

The plus is that it is not fuel level dependent, will support in excess of 1300rwhp & does not cause any codes as the factory pump is not modified.
Tell me more about it. Any links to details or racers using it?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
R

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tell me more about it. Any links to details or racers using it?
I did a few for National Speed including one for Eric Berrys NZ1200 Camaro.
I've done some for Nickey Camaro's in the early days.
Also a few for Evotechnik Motorsports in Dubai.
Once the drop-in replacement hats came about, the demand dropped even though they were not as good of a solution.

I've done a few dozen over the years but have not published any details as the internet is a great place for people to copy your intellectual property.
In generic terms, I designed a complete return style fuel system that still allows the factory pulse width modulated fuel pumps to operate as originally intended, but also bring on additional pumps & allow boost referenced fuel pressure control under high demand situations.

·
Banned
132 Posts
I tested the DSX triple fuel pump assembly for the 5th gen camaro for Dave. It worked excellent! I made 1158whp1017wtq on E77 with fic1300s and steady ass rock solid FP the whole time.
I supplied my own relays and breakers, used the fpcm to trigger pump 1 so i could control prime time and retain the safety feature if the car crashed, the pump stops. Then i used an adjustable boost/hobbs style switch to trigger pumps 2/3 when boost kicked in.

His basket has provisions to connect the fuel level sensor, a port for the drivers side pickup and 2 (or 3) small umbrella valves under the basket that all help keep it full.

I can’t speak to his intentions on continuing the project, but it worked flawlessly for me. I believe the camaro and V share some similarities when it comes to pump baskets, but they are obviously not exactly the same. Im sure the hat could be made to fit the V tank. #becausetheycan…
Table Wood Audio equipment Peripheral Toy
Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive lighting Rim Audio equipment
Helmet Vehicle Headgear Microphone Machine
Wheel Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Computer cooling
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Rim Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I tested the DSX triple fuel pump assembly for the 5th gen camaro for Dave. It worked excellent! I made 1158whp1017wtq on E77 with fic1300s and steady ass rock solid FP the whole time.
I supplied my own relays and breakers, used the fpcm to trigger pump 1 so i could control prime time and retain the safety feature if the car crashed, the pump stops. Then i used an adjustable boost/hobbs style switch to trigger pumps 2/3 when boost kicked in.

His basket has provisions to connect the fuel level sensor, a port for the drivers side pickup and 2 (or 3) small umbrella valves under the basket that all help keep it full.

I can’t speak to his intentions on continuing the project, but it worked flawlessly for me. I believe the camaro and V share some similarities when it comes to pump baskets, but they are obviously not exactly the same. Im sure the hat could be made to fit the V tank. #becausetheycan… View attachment 157917 View attachment 157918 View attachment 157919 View attachment 157920 View attachment 157921 View attachment 157922 View attachment 157923 View attachment 157924
Interesting info.
What pumps were used?
Was there a boost-referenced regulator?

·
Banned
132 Posts
3 x450s (TI274). Yes I used an Aeromotive adj fpr with boost reference. Dave later made his own FPR and of course came with some custom engraving.... post a pic in a sec from my phone.

Fluid Camera accessory Cameras & optics Liquid Cylinder

Reactions: mememe123
21 - 40 of 48 Posts