Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like i am maxing out my id1050x injectors on E70. I am also running dw300c pumps. My mods are 2.45/8.66, headers no cats, x pipe, to cut outs/stock mufflers, btr3 cam. intake and tuned by patg. I am sure a lot of people will recommend the aux kit, unfortunately that is not in my current budget. so i am going to go with the temp fix of using a BAP.

My question is, i see a lot of people wiring them up before the FPCM, has anyone used the dual BAP and run the wires directly to the fuel pumps?
I know people recommend getting the one with the dial, but those seem to be hard to come by. So i figured i would get the dual BAP and just run it off the hobs switch but instead of supplying the voltage to the fpcm, just go directly to the pumps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
You can, but you will lose the PWM control of the pumps and they will run 100% all the time leading to ware and unneeded heating of the fuel. You will also need to program the fscm to not throw a code. Better to run it pre fscm.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can, but you will lose the PWM control of the pumps and they will run 100% all the time leading to ware and unneeded heating of the fuel. You will also need to program the fact that to not throw a code. Better to run it pre fscm.
If I wire it so that the bap only kicks on at 13 pounds of boost do you think I'll have the same issue? Or better yet, do they have a pressure switch that I could hook up to the Schrader valve to where i can have the bap kick on when the pressure drops below a certain set point?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Doesn't matter if you do the BAP post fscm you lose PWM control of the pumps. And you can't drive the BAP from the fscm.

·
Registered
341 Posts
1060 hp?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't matter if you do the BAP post fscm you lose PWM control of the pumps. And you can't drive the BAP from the fscm.
im sorry im not arguing, just trying to understand how the system works. if i wire the bap after the fpcm, and run the bap off a hobbs switch to where it only activates the bap when a certain boost psi is reached, wont i only lose control of the pumps for that brief amount of time. during that time those pumps will get the extra voltage.
i have very limited knowledge of how the bap and the fpcm work. but my understanding is, that you cut the power wire going to the pump and put the bap in the middle. during normal operation if the hobbs switch isnt activated the pumps will receive normal voltage from the fpcm. once the hobbs switch is activated, the bap will provide the extra voltage, am i understanding the system correctly or am i way off base?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It's not about voltage with PWM. It's a very fast switching on and off to control the duty cycle of the pumps. The fscm switches at 25khz the pumps on and off. If you power the pumps with even 13 volts with no PWM they will run full out at the current voltage.

By putting the BAP pre fscm you just up the voltage supplied to the fscm and it can still control the pumps with PWM.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
im sorry im not arguing, just trying to understand how the system works. if i wire the bap after the fpcm, and run the bap off a hobbs switch to where it only activates the bap when a certain boost psi is reached, wont i only lose control of the pumps for that brief amount of time. during that time those pumps will get the extra voltage.
i have very limited knowledge of how the bap and the fpcm work. but my understanding is, that you cut the power wire going to the pump and put the bap in the middle. during normal operation if the hobbs switch isnt activated the pumps will receive normal voltage from the fpcm. once the hobbs switch is activated, the bap will provide the extra voltage, am i understanding the system correctly or am i way off base?
I think I follow your logic. I also believe the BAP is a passive device when not activated (by hobbs or otherwise) so you would still be passing system voltage to the pumps with the BAP inactive.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Put a DSX Aux kit on a credit card if you have to and pay that shit off in a couple months. I hate the idea of CC, but if you want to run E with your mods, better pay $100 in interest, VS needing to drop several thousand on a new engine.

Oh and install it yourself. it's super easy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put a DSX Aux kit on a credit card if you have to and pay that shit off in a couple months. I hate the idea of CC, but if you want to run E with your mods, better pay $100 in interest, VS needing to drop several thousand on a new engine.

Oh and install it yourself. it's super easy!
i understand that the aux kit is the cadillac of the fueling upgrades right now, but its only about a year old. people have been using bap successfully for years, its tried and true. sure there are horror stories, but like with anything, there will be failures of some sort. with what i need fueling wise at this point in the game, a cheap bap will do the trick. with my current mods, i just want to get my idc back into the safe range.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
i understand that the aux kit is the cadillac of the fueling upgrades right now, but its only about a year old. people have been using bap successfully for years, its tried and true. sure there are horror stories, but like with anything, there will be failures of some sort. with what i need fueling wise at this point in the game, a cheap bap will do the trick. with my current mods, i just want to get my idc back into the safe range.
Isn't a JMS nearly half the cost of the Aux kit?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I think I follow your logic. I also believe the BAP is a passive device when not activated (by hobbs or otherwise) so you would still be passing system voltage to the pumps with the BAP inactive.
Yes it will pass system voltage, but will not pass the PWM control single.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yes it will pass system voltage, but will not pass the PWM control single.
Yes. Thank you for adding clarity. I was trying to point out the bap is still passing its supply voltage when inactive and this the reason why it would eliminate the PWM signal.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yes. Thank you for adding clarity. I was trying to point out the bap is still passing its supply voltage when inactive and this the reason why it would eliminate the PWM signal.
I misunderstood what you were saying. We were saying the same things I guess.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Lol yea. Hopefully with 6 posts between us the point is now clearly presented! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't a JMS nearly half the cost of the Aux kit?
I can pick up a kenne bell bap for around 150.

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
You are wrong on so many levels.

DSX first put one in about 4 years ago, maybe 5.

Go for the cheap option, but it is what it is. It will probably be fine, but at least do your research rather than have everyone rehash what we’ve already sorted out three years ago.

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
I bought my new JMS unit for just under $400 a few years ago.

They seemed like a great unit for what it is.

I opted to buy a DMS system instead, though.

I prefer the added capacity over driving the pumps so hard, as I don’t want to regret it and have to build an engine on top of still dealing with a fuel system.

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
You are wrong on so many levels.

DSX first put one in about 4 years ago, maybe 5.

Go for the cheap option, but it is what it is. It will probably be fine, but at least do your research rather than have everyone rehash what we’ve already sorted out three years ago.

As for the ‘Cadillac’ of systems, I think Fore Triple pump takes that.

Are you putting in new fuel rails?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts