Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So when driving and I want to make a pull, I will roll into the throttle and several times the car will jump out of gear, the aero force gauge or my HP tuner scanner will freeze. Today I tried to do some tuning and this time when it jumped out of gear, the door locks unlocked and then locked again. The car jumps back into gear after about 3-5 seconds and drives normal until I try to roll into the throttle and make another pull.

I was thinking a ground but just checking to see if anybody else might have experienced this. I did a search with someone saying they replaced their shift position switch but their symptoms weren’t exactly like mine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Transmission range switch is defective and the modules (i.e. body control module, ABS module, PCM) do not know what gear the car is in and cannot communicate with each other. Are you also getting Stabilitrak not working messages? The range switch is easy to change. Pull the transmission pan and it is located next to the filter. The range switch should not cost more than around $30.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Transmission range switch is defective and the modules (i.e. body control module, ABS module, PCM) do not know what gear the car is in and cannot communicate with each other. Are you also getting Stabilitrak not working messages? The range switch is easy to change. Pull the transmission pan and it is located next to the filter. The range switch should not cost more than around $30.
no other indications or SES lights appear. I ordered a shift position switch yesterday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I swapped out the Shift position switch in the trans and it didn't fix it. I have 2 wideband gauges that piggy back into the OBD2 port and I started to notice that when I plug my HP tuners into the back of the WB ports, I would always have to re-pull for existing parameter's because it would not read all the channels I have selected. So I unplugged the HP tuners and both wideband ports from the OBD2 port and made a pass and it held all the way through 4th. Long story short, one of my wideband ports was faulty and cause everything to go nuts from the OBD2 port. I still have one wideband plugged into the obd2 port so I can read that on my HP tuners. Car is good to go now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I swapped out the Shift position switch in the trans and it didn't fix it. I have 2 wideband gauges that piggy back into the OBD2 port and I started to notice that when I plug my HP tuners into the back of the WB ports, I would always have to re-pull for existing parameter's because it would not read all the channels I have selected. So I unplugged the HP tuners and both wideband ports from the OBD2 port and made a pass and it held all the way through 4th. Long story short, one of my wideband ports was faulty and cause everything to go nuts from the OBD2 port. I still have one wideband plugged into the obd2 port so I can read that on my HP tuners. Car is good to go now.
i have a very similar issue I run a aem x series wideband . Was data logging fine with it & then I started having issues with it bringing on the traction control light , stabilitrak, then the trans would stay in first gear . I noticed if I plugged in the wideband it won’t start or won’t pull the info through the lap top . If the wideband is unplugged both work just fine .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a very similar issue I run a aem x series wideband . Was data logging fine with it & then I started having issues with it bringing on the traction control light , stabilitrak, then the trans would stay in first gear . I noticed if I plugged in the wideband it won’t start or won’t pull the info through the lap top . If the wideband is unplugged both work just fine .
yeah man sounds like what I had. I have the same widebands as you. I constantly had to re-pull data on HP tuners to get it to read all parameters. Since I have 2of the widebands, I just plug the good one so I can data log Lambda.

·
Registered
223 Posts
yeah man sounds like what I had. I have the same widebands as you. I constantly had to re-pull data on HP tuners to get it to read all parameters. Since I have 2of the widebands, I just plug the good one so I can data log Lambda.
Crazy I ordered a new wire from the gauge to the obd2 in hopes of not having to replace the whole gauge .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.