Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At slight throttle, the car will idle up, then drop rpms. In the log, from steady idle, I'll move the pedal to ~23%. Throttle responds, but after a couple of seconds, will start to fall, even though I'm keeping the pedal at ~23%. Commanded throttle drops for no reason that I can determine. WTF???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Would be interesting to see the throttle blade in action...if its staying open with your foot still on or not. Weird indeed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I command more throttle (like 28%), it will respond and stay, so this behavior only happens between ~22-26% throttle, and it is pretty consistent and repeatable. Already replaced the throttle body/cleaned MAF/new air filter, with no change in behavior.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Might check the peddle output with a meter and see if it is falling off.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Thought about that, but if that was the case, throttle position would drop in the log, but it doesn't.
TPS and accelerator position are two different channels Cheebs

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Something is off with your PIDs you are logging. At idle your pedal PID should read 0.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Sorry, meant pedal position, not throttle position.

Pedal position SAE is % of pedal sensor voltage, I believe, so 0V=0%.
But in your whole log your pedal % never goes to 0. Did you always have your foot on the gas?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What are your mods? Just looked at the tune, why is your ETC scalar at 4936? Stock is 5060.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are your mods? Just looked at the tune, why is your ETC scalar at 4936? Stock is 5060.
I was running a 90mm TB, but put the stock one back on while trying to troubleshoot the problem. ETC scalar was 5936; I knew stock was around 5K so I just subtracted 1K (was running late for work, didn't have time to look it up). LS9 cam, headers, pulley, 850lb injectors, nothing crazy.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I would start with a stock tune and just change the injector info and see if it does it. A LS9 cam is not that aggressive so it should run at 23% throttle no problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would start with a stock tune and just change the injector info and see if it does it. A LS9 cam is not that aggressive so it should run at 23% throttle no problem.
And, just like that, the problem seems to have fixed itself. Did a throttle relearn after I swapped out the throttle body, then did another one after I swapped the 90mm back in, and all of a sudden, no problems. Sigh, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. Hopefully it's not the throttle body going bad somehow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts