Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
22,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of consideration, and a couple of moves, I am posting my pair of WeaponX swaybars for sale.

The front bar is new, with new frame bushings, the rear bar was previously installed (not on my car).

I do not have endlinks for these, you will have to either source them yourself or reuse your stock ones.

I only offering them for sale because I’ve had them for several years, still haven’t installed them on my car, and since I rarely drive my car I think I am better off using the money to fix my hood and refinish my wheels.

Due to lack of supply, I am asking $1k for the pair, plus whatever it might cost to box up and ship, but preference is for a local sale.

Asphalt Road surface Eyewear Bumper Font

·
Administrator
22,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was aiming for barely fair, not more than fair. Maybe I should change the price? Haha.

If I didn’t have my three other major interests of late, I would have them installed for $150 and enjoy them. But I rarely drive the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,220 Posts
I'd say you're priced fair - if WeaponX did another group buy today, the bars would easily be $850 with supply chain and inflation issues, plus waiting for 9 more buyers and a few months to have them made.

Frankly, there is no other option that I am aware of for our cars, so these are a collector's item that actually works.

These bars work with OEM end links, but you can source aftermarket end links with similar measurements as OEM. I think I might have even posted measurements here somewhere...

ETA: I have these on my Wagon Excellente, and they are worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'd say you're priced fair - if WeaponX did another group buy today, the bars would easily be $850 with supply chain and inflation issues, plus waiting for 9 more buyers and a few months to have them made.

Frankly, there is no other option that I am aware of for our cars, so these are a collector's item that actually works.

These bars work with OEM end links, but you can source aftermarket end links with similar measurements as OEM. I think I might have even posted measurements here somewhere...

ETA: I have these on my Wagon Excellente, and they are worth the price of admission.
Would you say there is enough of a benefit for just a occasional street car? I don’t or have any intention of track use

·
Premium Member
17,220 Posts
Would you say there is enough of a benefit for just a occasional street car? I don’t or have any intention of track use
Well i daily mine and love the sways. I really can't say anything bad about them (beyond the install being a huge pain in the cock).

I highly recommend for any enthusiast who actually takes the on-ramp faster than he drives on the interstate.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
22,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will say, not having these installed but I did upgraded swaybars on many cars (69 Firebird, 65 GTO, trailblazer SS, etc), it’s always been one of my favorite mods.
But, that is also because I live in SoCal and frequently traverse the Santa Monica mountains. They aren’t tall at all, but there are a lot of options of curvy roads, some narrow, some tight, some more sweeping.

If I lived in Iowa or somewhere very flat, I don’t know if it would make a difference. If I had to deal with a lot of potholes, it can be a bit rough, but if you run with good tires, it’s a blast.
If you run all seasons or really don’t pay any attention to what tires you buy or how much air you have in them, then perhaps you won’t see any benefit.

Again, if I were putting even 2K miles on my car a year, I would have them installed (I don’t want to do it myself, I’m too old for that shit on my garage floor, and for the $150 I was quoted, it’s a no brainier…keep in mind that’s from someone doing it on the side who has done a lot of these, so expect to pay more, even in the lower labor rate areas).

But, I put fuel in my car on Friday for the first time in 6 months, literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,746 Posts

Yes, you can use OEM end links but depending on how you want them set on the adjustments the OEM links will pre-load the bar. I can get an adjustable set of end links for Karch if the buyer wants them.

Reactions: random84 and Karch

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sway Bar preload occurs when the length of the left and right side links are unequal, the bar has a twist in it when the car is sitting still. A high preload will cause the car to lean in one direction when sitting still on level ground. Whether the links are the stupid factory plastic ones or the nice adjustable links that come with this sway bar upgrade (which I have installed on my V2 and absolutely love both on the street and on the track), unless there's something I'm not thinking of (which is always a possibility), as long as the left and right links are the same length and the bar doesn't have any twist built-in, the bar won't have any preload.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.