Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My body shop wants me to come in and test fit the hood, put the old one back on, send me home while they paint the new one and then come back in to install it. I’m inclined to just tell them to paint it and then come in and put it on?

· Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I wouldn't have any problem getting it test fit. If it's got a problem, it would be easier to exchange it if it isn't painted.

· Registered
89 Posts
If it’s full fiberglass,Definitely test fit just in case it has to be cleaned up. I did with mine and it had to be trimmed and we adjusted the hinges. Finally got it back painted and it looked great until I had it in the sun light for a couple hours and the fiberglass decided to blister. Come to find out later that the fiberglass has to GAS OFF in the sunlight. Ended up going round and round with weapon x on who was responsible, the builder or the painter? They wanted to give me another full fiberglass hood but I wasn’t going through that again. I decided to go with the carbon fiber outer hood and they charged me another $750 for the upgrade.Not the look that I originally wanted and I am out the money to prep and paint the original fiberglass hood. They didn’t want me to ship the bad hood back so they let me keep it and try to recoup some of my money. It needs to be sanded and repainted for someone that wants to do it. Sorry to semi hack of your post. Just an FYI.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes - test fit it first!
I have the Weapon X Power hood with CF outer with FG inner.
The windshield washer holes, front trim piece and the hinge mounting holes needed to be opened up some.
There was a bunch of white FG powder like all over it especially in the cowl and hood vent areas.

Amazing enough it lined up and fit good everywhere else.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
How long ago did you order your hood? I'm still waiting on a hood I ordered in March 2021. I will never order anything from WeaponX again. FYI, I have a carbon fiber outer hood on the V that was slightly damaged in an accident. I have no issues with the product itself, just their customer service.

Reactions: theheder

· Registered
89 Posts
I agree as far as customer service but they do not actually make the parts, they are made by a third party.On Both my hoods I had to Dremmel out the squirters, the molding holes and drill and tap the hood prop screw.Not the best made products but we can all agree they really set our cars off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.