Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, just got my full fiberglass sleeper hood after 3 months and have a question. Do I use my stock hood strut because when I proceeded to put the strut nipple on the new hood it seems there is a piece of metal or something blocking the hole where the nipple screws into plus the fiberglass doesn’t seem strong enough to support the strut. My painter said he wouldn’t use the strut because the fiberglass could crack. Can I get some clarification on this and maybe some close up pics of how this looks? If I can’t get this to work I really don’t want to use a hood prop to hold up my hood? Thanks. Joe

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Yes, use the strut, how else would you keep hood open?

My WXM hood came with a strut ball attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said looks like there’s a broken stud or steel in the mounting hole

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cannot do It’s already at the body shop

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly what I think, now got the body shop trying to do something with it but he said the fiber glass seems to flimsy to be playing with it. Started looking at these after market fiberglass hood props if theres no remedy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it up from the shop, working on getting it back to Brent. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
211 Posts
It’s seems to work fine for mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
If I remember correctly you need to in screw the ball off the old hood and there is a threaded “nut” in the new hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please read the Pryor posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ended up drilling it out, it looked like it was a piece of soft aluminum or solder. took my time gradually with different size bits then threaded in the new ball.

Reactions: loweredd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts