Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order for the front chin spoiler as well as the hood vent on my 16 V. Had a great conversation with Brent for over an hour, talking about cars, and everthing related. Seems like a REAL cool dude. Process was very easy and Brent gave me a REALISTIC EXPECTATION of arravial(45-60 working days).

Time will tell...I'm patient. Price point was fair.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was looking at them too but, unfortunately, I am not 2 month patient. They do seem to have nice pieces though.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a WX CF rear spoiler brand new if needed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
What's your asking price? Is it OEM, or do I need to add the bulb assembly from my car?
Weaponx spoiler. Fits like OEM. Needs the 3rd brake light. I think they are $750 if you can get one. I'd ask $700 + shipping. I'm in NJ.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Weaponx spoiler. Fits like OEM. Needs the 3rd brake light. I think they are $750 if you can get one. I'd ask $700 + shipping. I'm in NJ.

Sedan or Coupe?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Only thing I have to say is I wish they sent new clips for the hood vents or atleast suggest you purchase new clips. I broke 2 but other than that fitment was perfect. I’ll post some pics everything is weapon x carbon EXCEPT the side skirts. I also attached some before pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THAT LOOK PURRRRRTY!! I received my hood vent & front spoiler the other day. Haven't even opened up the box, been too busy. ;)

Did you get replacement clips?? If so, where? How was the install of the hood vent/front spoiler? Just curious?😁

·
Registered
65 Posts
THAT LOOK PURRRRRTY!! I received my hood vent & front spoiler the other day. Haven't even opened up the box, been too busy. ;)

Did you get replacement clips?? If so, where? How was the install of the hood vent/front spoiler? Just curious?😁
Thank you!!!
I reused the old clips they were a pain in the ass to get out and in, 2 of mine broke but it’s sturdy. I’ll have to go on gm parts direct and order a set I’m super anal about stuff like that and it will bother me even though it’s pretty tight in there. They are about 10 or so clips.

If I had new clips the install would have been wayyyyyyy smoother.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only thing I have to say is I wish they sent new clips for the hood vents or atleast suggest you purchase new clips. I broke 2 but other than that fitment was perfect. I’ll post some pics everything is weapon x carbon EXCEPT the side skirts. I also attached some before pics.
Very nice! What was a price for all? How long was the wait?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm...you wouldn't by chance have the part #'s for the clips for the hood vent by chance. I'm thinking I may need to take your advice😁😁😁😁

How was the install for the front spoiler? Just trying to psych myself up for this little endeavor...😁😁 Any suggestions for rear deck lid spoiler?? I was going to get the spoiler, along with the hood vent, & front lip spoiler; but decided to hold off to see how well my install skills of the hood vent/front spoiler would do. I read that you have to remove the light, or order one from the gmpartsdirect. Is that true?

As I mentioned, its PURRRRRTY!! LOOKS GREAT!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmmm...you wouldn't by chance have the part #'s for the clips for the hood vent by chance. I'm thinking I may need to take your advice😁😁😁😁

How was the install for the front spoiler? Just trying to psych myself up for this little endeavor...😁😁 Any suggestions for rear deck lid spoiler?? I was going to get the spoiler, along with the hood vent, & front lip spoiler; but decided to hold off to see how well my install skills of the hood vent/front spoiler would do. I read that you have to remove the light, or order one from the gmpartsdirect. Is that true?

As I mentioned, its PURRRRRTY!! LOOKS GREAT!!

I don’t even see the clips in this diagram. They go on top of the vent itself.

the front lip was easy as pie. The middle of the front lip has 3 tabs and the bumper has the clips already for it so you just have to push it in until it clicks. Just take your time and be careful.

the rear spoiler you will need some elbow grease. The tail light is double sided taped on to the wing. I used a knife to cut in between the light and the wing after hearing it up a bit with a heat gun. When you get it apart, clean off all the glue, I used a heat gun and prepsol (not sure if that’s the offices name but it’s what they use to clean off cars before you paint them). Since the spoiler has holes for the screws and the factory lights has the screws built in, we just mixed some epoxy and stuck the light inside of the spoiler so we would just reuse the factory light. The light for the carbon fiber wing is on national back order I tried to order it from multiple places and no luck. We put the wing in place and held it down for a few minutes to make sure the light stuck to the wing nice and tight. Then just screwed it back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny!, spoke with Brent today, Im looking for new software for tuning, maintenance and writing. He put together a nice package. Pretty rich. I thought Bimmer shit was $$$. I get it, but wow! No probs was going to pull the trigger until he said they dont accept PayPal any more! Hell, if they wont sales PP credit is the answer to the 2K check out. Is there any oher PC software that covers the LT4 in depth like Weapon X?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would you have the part number for the clips? How many?? I want to make sure I have the correct part number & correct number of clips? Online customer service was no help??

Looking to @ Weapon X Carbon Rear Deck Soiler?...anything one need to know??

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same as you. Received from front splitter, side pieces, and hood vent about a month ago. i outright lost one of the 10 clips - looked everywhere and couldn't find it. Broke part of 2 others but they held upon re-install so with 9 out of 10, it's VERY solid. No need for new clips in my case. I need to get the rear spoiler next but it's not in stock in the U.S. last I checked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got some of their side mirror covers and front bumper grilles in carbon....I will say that it did take a long time for them to show up..I didn't know there would be that long of a lead time(maybe they should note that on their website for a little more transparency) and while the products look good the side mirror covers are not the greatest as far as fitment goes not to mention their tabs for the small silver piece break way too easily(one broke on each side) so I had to rely on the screws to hold everything together. Before anyone tries to say its installer error...Im a 25 year mechanic and am extremely capable of doing this job. Weapon-X's parts are very brittle. Once installed and everything was screwed together (tough as not all holes lined up well) they look OK. You can still see some decent sized gaps which drive me insane. I may have to check out Renick Performance next time and pay the extra money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts