Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
James D in TX hooked me up with his partner Marty whom has a new V3 and was after some wheels. I showed him some of the latest and greatest and we went with Forgelines. The Forgeline brand is made in house, opposed to a designer wheel company cut by MHT like a lot of other brans. Their quality as well as bang for the buck vs. an HRE wheel is incredible and their dedication to weight too has helped them support track teams all over the country from Chevrolet to Acura and Porsche. He let me talk him into going bad ass with class in a Black Chrome finish. Working directly with a Master Dealer like us will save you a lot of money off of Forgeline's website pricing too ;)

We went with a 20x9 and 20x10.5 setup for the street and matching 18x10" drag wheels with MT305s. I have done a lot of these 6 wheel setups for C7s and I think the flavor will continue with other lines. There is just something to be said about having a 20/18" setup for the drag strip on a new luxury supercharged Caddy!

Enjoy:

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Nice! I really like, especially the 6 wheel set up. Makes me want a v3 even more.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Black chrome looks great with the white. How's the clearance for sedan rear tires on the V3 compared to the V2?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Looks good! What's size rubber?

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black chrome looks great with the white. How's the clearance for sedan rear tires on the V3 compared to the V2?
Rear fenders are narrow! X10.5 is what these are. You can do a X11 but they'll likely rub depending on what tire you run. Any wide tire like the Michelins will not work. We actually went up from the smaller 26" OD tires to a 27" OD like the V2 has. 26" on a salloon this big look small to me. Hell my ATS V has 26" rears. So, the 27s fill the fender well up much better but I also learned what wouldn't work on there!

Looks good! What's size rubber?
Ended up with a 295/30r20 Michelin SS on them. These are always beefy too, the 295 is .1" narrower than the Nitto Invo's 305 for example. Of course there aren't a lot of options in a 20" tire that's only 26" tall and I'd rather have a little more rubber around the 20s for piece of mind.

We also have the drag radials mounted up on his matching 18x10" rears ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Man this set up is killer! Everyone needs this kind of set up for there v3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts