Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear ctsvowner.com Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance.

We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that CTSVOwners.com will be migrated to our new platform on Wednesday, November 20th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
If you guys are doing the same thing here that happened to G8Board, it will be the end of this site. I used to post there frequently but have given up. It is terrible. I'm sure your data on site traffic there will substantiate what a horrendous decision this is.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Oh shit.

The TBSSOWNERS.com site did an "upgrade" a few weeks back and now the site is horrible to navigate and older very informational posts dissappeared.

The vendor section also took a shit.

My $.02

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you guys are doing the same thing here that happened to G8Board, it will be the end of this site. I used to post there frequently but have given up. It is terrible. I'm sure your data on site traffic there will substantiate what a horrendous decision this is.
:eek:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh shit.

The TBSSOWNERS.com site did an "upgrade" a few weeks back and now the site is horrible to navigate and older very informational posts dissappeared.

The vendor section also took a shit.

My $.02

Agreed. The new TBSSOWNERS site sucks. On the plus side I spend a lot less time there and may actually stop posting after 9 years plus 1 week and 3200+ posts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yikes, this is a canned response. Here is what was posted on the TCCoA Forums about 3 weeks ago when they did the change. It is a lot different being on that forum now, it takes a lot of getting used to. New ways of navigating, searching, etc. And there are a lot more ads. I expect a lot of folks won't like it.

"Dear Tccoa Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

~ Community Support"

·
Registered
916 Posts
Agreed. The new TBSSOWNERS site sucks. On the plus side I spend a lot less time there and may actually stop posting after 9 years plus 1 week and 3200+ posts.
The only thread that I post regularly over there is the "Is it beer thirty" one.

I sold my TBSS so I don't really have anything to contribute anymore.

However I do like checking in on TNSS and his mid 8 second turbo street truck!!! He does properly maintain the "Fastest TBSS Bragging Rights" thread too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If this is the same thing that happened with the Impala SS forum a few years ago, then say goodbye to all your old saved threads and information. We lost a decades worth of info when they "upgraded".

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Dear ctsvowner.com Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have caused you grief, but we have profited from.

We really don't care if you have been negatively impacted, the bottom line is the bottom line. Efforts to improve the site hits and subsequently advertiser revenue have revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve shareholder earnings. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to this issue.

We are excited to announce that we are "upgrayedding" your site for a double dose of pimpin!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a different and very overstated yet underperforming platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of our balance sheets.

The new platform is designed for increased bot.., er "guest" views, increasing pop-ups on all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent hitting the back page button to get out of a popup or restarting your browser no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to ignoring your feedback as we make regular and timely setbacks.

~ Community "Support"
Fixed

Change my mind.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If this is the same thing that happened with the Impala SS forum a few years ago, then say goodbye to all your old saved threads and information. We lost a decades worth of info when they "upgraded".
This could be a good thing. Every single topic that has been completely beaten to death can have a resurrection.

I'll start...what kind of oil do you guys recommend? :D

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
That was different. From memory, Rackforce replaced the ISSF section of the server with another site. It may have been due to an unpaid bill, crash or something but can't remember for sure (2008 or 2009). When the problem was rectified, there was no backup to be found to restore the many years worth of data. It died a slow death and with FB, I dont believe it's very active now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
This is only "traditional" board that I still participate in, used to be active in a now defunct spearfishing board.

I'm really hoping that this goes better than what other's experiences...people for whose opinions I've learned to respect...is wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,999 Posts
Yup... RIP tittie threads.

The only reason a for-profit company would upgrade a site with dwindling traffic is to A: sandbag unique visits to justify higher ad prices, B: integrate more in-you-face ads into the site previously limited by old software, C: both A & B.

Oh well. Maybe I can get kicked out of a few more FB groups- and spend that time with the Kiddos!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Xenforo is fucking terrible and has turned me away from the only other 2 car sites I (used to) go to.
Is there a choice? Can Members pay to keep this format or move to something besides Xenforo?
This sucks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'll go next. How do I lower my engine to clear my ZL1 Lid?
Let some air out of your front tires, that will lower the engine ...

·
Premium Member
4,230 Posts
We're fucked. All the good info that's been compiled here is going to be history. Like nsaness said, Xenforo is a manion, they destroy everything they touch, and they don't give a shit about anyone.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We're fucked. All the good info that's been compiled here is going to be history. Like nsaness said, Xenforo is a manion, they destroy everything they touch, and they don't give a shit about anyone.
So it would behoove someone to compile all of this valuable info into an easily searchable database before it's lost forever...a site just like this perhaps. Oh, wait, I found the answer

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.