Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

361 - 380 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll throw an off the wall thought out there. Since it seems to happen to some but not all, and many seem to lean towards the differential, here's something to maybe look into. I don't know much at all about how the E-diff works or how fluid level affects it. But GM has been known in the past to not completely fill the differential. I personally have seen it only about half full on a new vehicle but it was years ago. I would hope that is not possible today on a car like this. But just to rule it out, maybe someone who is having this problem could check differential fluid level? Again, I know it may be a stupid thought but just brain storming a bit.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ok, so it turns out my subframe bushings are toast. Where do I get new ones? Does the factory sell them? Im guessing not.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Ok, so it turns out my subframe bushings are toast. Where do I get new ones? Does the factory sell them? Im guessing not.
Yes you can buy them. I would buy the Camaro ZL1 1Le aluminum Bushing kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
418 Posts
I just picked up a set of the OEM GM ZL1 1LE solid aluminum rear cradle bushings from www.gmperformancemotor.com . Part #84341929

Reactions: Lt4Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mike - Any plans to add the arms in the future? I got involved with another project and haven't ordered anything yet. Still keeping tabs on this thread in case someone fully resolves the issue.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Mike - Any plans to add the arms in the future? I got involved with another project and haven't ordered anything yet. Still keeping tabs on this thread in case someone fully resolves the issue.
For sure in the future, my engine ate a lifter at Cadillac attack so taking care of that and getting rid of the factory blower now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mike can you tell me, would you recommend it for a street car daily driver? Can you notice increase noise and harshness on the road?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Mike can you tell me, would you recommend it for a street car daily driver? Can you notice increase noise and harshness on the road?
Honestly I couldn’t tell a difference. Everyone is different though.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It should but if you call BMR they will say that it doesn’t.

You were right, the BMR kit fits and Im going to pick the V up tomorrow afternoon. Also had a leaky shock replaced and new motor mounts. Ill be happy if I can roll into the throttle and not have it jump a lane or two.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know how much of a coincidence it is, but since I've had my V it has never been comfortable to push in either a Straight line or Cornering consistently. Twice while swapping the blower or just sitting in the garage at an minimal of a week I'll get the Charge Battery/some functions disabled & etc. light and this time I chose to put it on a Trickle Charge for 3-4 days "was charged in 2".
Took it out today and was blown away. The steering in Sport Mode was firmer "slightly softer than Track", and the car didn't twitch or anything while hitting certain dips in the road that use to unsettle it. About 10mins of 30-55 mph, and giving everything time to come up to temp I went WOT from 30mph. Yes it spun pretty bad and traction came in enough to let her pull and went straight as an arrow. Usually it would've aimed for the closest woodbine but it didn't. Thinking it was a hiccup, I repeated with the same results. Decided to hit the freeway, and coming out of the 360 degree loop with it in manual, laid off into it in 2nd and let 3rd grab itself and it never broke traction or veered in any other direction besides where I wanted it to go.

Finished my trip up and before coming home I put it in Track mode from a standstill and launched it. There was no fighting with it at all and ran a little over a quarter mile with a smile on my face for the first time thinking that this is the way the car suppose to feel. Have never had a car, even my F-Body that's on slicks sway around the road as this car does at WOT "and worse if there's a slight curve or uneven pavement" and today AGAIN put a smile on my face.

Was it a COINCIDENCE? I DONT KNOW, but figured I'd share my experience if anyone else wanted to try.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Caddywhompus no more. She's a totally different vehicle now. More composed just cruising along and taking turns with no throttle input. Getting on it doesn't cause it to get out of shape, it is only traction limited now because of the weather. Very, very happy with the BMR solid bushings!

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
418 Posts
Don't know how much of a coincidence it is, but since I've had my V it has never been comfortable to push in either a Straight line or Cornering consistently. Twice while swapping the blower or just sitting in the garage at an minimal of a week I'll get the Charge Battery/some functions disabled & etc. light and this time I chose to put it on a Trickle Charge for 3-4 days "was charged in 2".
Took it out today and was blown away. The steering in Sport Mode was firmer "slightly softer than Track", and the car didn't twitch or anything while hitting certain dips in the road that use to unsettle it. About 10mins of 30-55 mph, and giving everything time to come up to temp I went WOT from 30mph. Yes it spun pretty bad and traction came in enough to let her pull and went straight as an arrow. Usually it would've aimed for the closest woodbine but it didn't. Thinking it was a hiccup, I repeated with the same results. Decided to hit the freeway, and coming out of the 360 degree loop with it in manual, laid off into it in 2nd and let 3rd grab itself and it never broke traction or veered in any other direction besides where I wanted it to go.

Finished my trip up and before coming home I put it in Track mode from a standstill and launched it. There was no fighting with it at all and ran a little over a quarter mile with a smile on my face for the first time thinking that this is the way the car suppose to feel. Have never had a car, even my F-Body that's on slicks sway around the road as this car does at WOT "and worse if there's a slight curve or uneven pavement" and today AGAIN put a smile on my face.

Was it a COINCIDENCE? I DONT KNOW, but figured I'd share my experience if anyone else wanted to try.

Coincidence how? Because of the charge? I don't understand your statement here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there a need to get an alignment after replacing the cradle bushings?

361 - 380 of 381 Posts