Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just installed the Camaro ZL1 1LE subframe bushings. Hopefully I’ll get to see how it performs this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you install the Carlyle arms already? I still need to order mine. Phillip Adams installed BMR bushings and so far it sounds promising. He said he thought the ZL1 1LE would be too rough riding, doesn't mean they are.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Did you install the Carlyle arms already? I still need to order mine. Phillip Adams installed BMR bushings and so far it sounds promising. He said he thought the ZL1 1LE would be too rough riding, doesn't mean they are.
No never ordered the arms. I got the bushings for free through work so decided to try this first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Know that this thread has been going for a while now. Mine will be going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can find. Plus I was lucky enough to get a few differential faults to show something is going on in there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Know that this thread has been going for a while now. Mine will be going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can find. Plus I was lucky enough to get a few differential faults to show something is going on in there.
Unfortunately most of the dealers are incompetent, Cadillac hands down worst
service I’ve ever dealt with. Check around before settling on a dealer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately most of the dealers are incompetent, Cadillac hands down worst
service I’ve ever dealt with. Check around before settling on a dealer

More than likely I will, just using the remainder of the warranty up that I still have.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Any update on if the zl11le subframe bushings helped?
I have to say they helped. I don’t feel as bad at high speeds, but it still isn’t a corvette lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
please excuse me if I missed it, but is this happening on the big carbon rear spoiler and the standard spoiler cars, so it's definitely not related to rear down force or lack thereof at high speed?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
please excuse me if I missed it, but is this happening on the big carbon rear spoiler and the standard spoiler cars, so it's definitely not related to rear down force or lack thereof at high speed?
Pretty sure both. I have the carbon rear spoiler and feel it. It got better with the rear subframe bushings but not perfect yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm full Carbon and has it bad. One thing that I did notice yesterday and don't know if it's a addition to the Wanderer, but riding about 40mph while the steering inputs were very soft. At those speeds I done a bit of dotting from left to right and even at that speed, i could feel the wandering that's felt when doing WOT pulls and gets swirly.

Granted the tires in the front are a little wider 265 over the stock 255... Is there a chance that the Power Steering and Rear Differential are trying to help over correct the quick dart that I'm feeling?
In track mode the tight steering and body roll are at a minimum, but Touring and Sport are a little to bad in how soft it feels and quick steering inputs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
anyone tried any proper under body aero ? make the airflow leave the rear bumper better instead of building up under there making a high pressure zone at the back of the vehicle causing the rear to become lighter at speed, airflow under vehicle should be a low pressure (high speed) so the airflow over the vehicle travels slower causing better stability, the rear can make a decent difference if its not right

341 - 355 of 355 Posts