Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is where I saw the Hotchkis bars: New CTS-V Sport Sway Bar Set | CarBuff Network

But I called Hotchkis, and they said that post is an error, as they never were made. I asked if the aftermarket bars for the current Camaro might work, and they said it's possible, but they can't confirm. I'm going to check GM part numbers and see if the ZL1 or base Camaro uses the same part number as the V3.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Got just the Carlisle Racing control arm set From their drag pack, and a good alignment. Best $$ I ever spent upgrading this car...it's finally actually completely controllable under WOT. If your ass wanders, this is the way to go!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Got just the Carlisle Racing control arm set From their drag pack, and a good alignment. Best $$ I ever spent upgrading this car...it's finally actually completely controllable under WOT. If your ass wanders, this is the way to go!
That’s great news because my car be sliding up on the highway and I need that straight! Any part number or exact name? Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ok just had the Carlyle control arms installed and the verdict is in......its thumbs down. It didn't help. The car hunts left and right under hard throttle. It doesn't have the sway back and forth as it smartly transitions left and right now, probably because of the solid bushings but it is still all over. Im thinking mine is a diff issue as it seams to be applying power to the left and right side differently but I could be wrong. I was supposed to have new Michelin PS 4S installed but Tire Rack screwed the pooch and I won't have them til later next week. That might help, I will update then. I am also going to go back to stock springs to see it that helps as well.

I was really hoping the arms would do the trick, it was disappointing. On top of that the tranny isn't shifting right now and there seems to be a mission the engine but I think that is a plug wire too close to the SW headers.I swear to God if there was a new 2021 992 TTS on the lot somewhere I would go write a fat check for one and just and telling the ole lady the V went up in flames on the way home. It wouldn't work and she'd be mad at me but she would get over it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I feel like your tires and change in springs could be The culprit. Seems like most people that jjst change to the Carlyle arms are having good success

·
Registered
217 Posts
I feel like your tires and change in springs could be The culprit. Seems like most people that jjst change to the Carlyle arms are having good success
I’d like to believe in the arms, however, where are the V owners to back up, I see 1 ?

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Last fall I installed the BMR non adjustable control and trailing arms as well as the cradle lockout, on my Camaro ZL1, I was making 700 plus hp, they helped control the rear end but I still had some wandering side to side under hard acceleration but it was manageable.
This summer I installed a cam, lifters and low side fuel kit and boosted the power to 900 plus and the wandering side to side became almost uncontrollable.
As long as the tires were slipping it would track ok but when they hooked up it would immediately pull the rear end to the left and then back to the right repeatedly.
Working with my suspension guy we determined the toe in was changing drastically under hard acceleration causing the issue.
Upon examination we found the rubber bushings in the stock flimsy toe rod to be very soft allowing the movement.
I ordered the Toe rods from BMR and had them in two days, installed and they completely cured the issue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Last fall I installed the BMR non adjustable control and trailing arms as well as the cradle lockout, on my Camaro ZL1, I was making 700 plus hp, they helped control the rear end but I still had some wandering side to side under hard acceleration but it was manageable.
This summer I installed a cam, lifters and low side fuel kit and boosted the power to 900 plus and the wandering side to side became almost uncontrollable.
As long as the tires were slipping it would track ok but when they hooked up it would immediately pull the rear end to the left and then back to the right repeatedly.
Working with my suspension guy we determined the toe in was changing drastically under hard acceleration causing the issue.
Upon examination we found the rubber bushings in the stock flimsy toe rod to be very soft allowing the movement.
I ordered the Toe rods from BMR and had them in two days, installed and they completely cured the issue.
They have them for our car?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
The toe rods were included. There were 4 pieces per side that got rep[laced. The only thing left is the suspension arm and the sway bar.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Ok, so I just went out and looked. Even though the rods were replaced it still has the soft rubber bushings from the factory in it. SMH. Ok so where do we get upgraded bushings from? Aren't there poly bushings there are much stiffer?

Maybe these are camber rods as there is one at the top and one at the bottom, both of which have the soft rubber busing, and appear to control the camber. Ill see if I can get a better pic.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Ridiculous that the V3 is having this issue when the V2 didn’t. Honestly makes me want to sell the car. Id like something all wheel drive that I could enjoy more on the street.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ridiculous that the V3 is having this issue when the V2 didn’t. Honestly makes me want to sell the car. Id like something all wheel drive that I could enjoy more on the street.

Does anyone have both gen 2&3 to compare differences ?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

Ive had both and the V2 was straight as an arrow. This is a step back that is unacceptable.

View attachment 147070

View attachment 147070 Heres a picture of the ZL1 Toe rod from BMR, it has heim ends with solid bushings.
Those toe rods look almost identical to the ones that came in my kit but yours are red. Im not a fan of open heim joints as they are exposed to elements and road debris and will wear out faster but it is what it is. Stock camber rods with factory bushings in those pics still. Is that your car?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Yeah I have a v2 sedan and wagon. the v2's are solid no matter what power. The V3 was very discouraging and I was over it but during last round of mods its straight as an arrow. Did 15" conversion & reprogramming of chassis control module at same time.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I had a 2013 that always pulled strait with no concern's, My 2016 on the other hand will scare the living hell out of you, you have to be very cautious when stepping into the throttle. I just bought a set of Michelin ps4s I haven't install them yet, but I sure hope it helps the problem. I am stock except for a CAI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some of you haven't driven a sketchy drag car on bias plys and it shows. Just kidding. I've experienced the wandering but its inconsistent and not enough to concern me in the cars current configuration. If there was a sure-fire, guaranteed method to solve it then I'd pony up the bucks but I'm not inclined to plunk down $1K and then install without more reviews.

301 - 320 of 355 Posts