Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 CTS-V and had no problem going full throttle until I put a brand new set of Mickey Thompson SS drag radials on. Now every time I go full throttle it starts to move around on me. Do anybody no what it takes to fix this situation?

·
Super Moderator
20,871 Posts
What is the air pressure at?

They are going to wander more than your stock Michelins/radials anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
Air pressure started at 32, now I'm at 41 psi.
Still wandering around 😔
You're going the wrong direction. I run my drag radials at 18 psi at the track and around 25 driving around. 41 will cause almost any tire to wander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was just trying to stiffen up the tires by adding air pressure, max air pressure on these tires are 44 psi. Just trying to get the wandering out on the street..

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Pretty sure others with the V3 have experienced this and the only real fix is solid bushings for the whole rear suspension.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure others with the V3 have experienced this and the only real fix is solid bushings for the whole rear suspension.

Thanks subaru335i, that's the kind of answer I was looking for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone tried different sway bars to fix this issue? I checked BMR's page and don't see any products listed for the V3. I know Rennick sells the sway bars, and some have said the lowering springs help as well, but I don't want to lower my V.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this same issue with radials, i run about 28psi on the street and the car would yaw hard at high speed WOT.

I had the car aligned and disconnected the front sway bar because I really only drag race it. She feels much more planted now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run a 17” 275 MH drag radial 16-18lbs. It wanders a bit depending on the pavement. The stock wheels/tires with follow depressions in the road under hard acceleration. Check the alignment first.
Do not start throwing parts at it. Usually the alignment helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts