Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always felt like there was a little something missing in the wagon styling compared to most other shooting brake designs I've seen.
This ain't gonna be everybody's taste. Call it ricer or too furious if you want, I welcome comments and criticisms.

I built this myself. I am not interested in making them, but will be more than happy to share what I used and how I did it. Certainly you could improve on your own design and probably make a nicer looking version...

I'm sure there will be questions about the aerodynamics, I haven't the foggiest effin' clue. Never was a consideration.

Jeff-

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I've been thinking of this lately and only because of all the sedans with the same style and chute. I started to think how it could be done on the wagon without looking horrific and here it is. I think it's clean and pretty neat! Not for everyone and I get that but would be awsome with a chute now hahha!

Reactions: Ketzer

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Ready for the How To!

Reactions: Ketzer

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Can you post a picture of the full car from a couple angles?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you post a picture of the full car from a couple angles?
It may take a few days, our weather is non-stop precip...

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I was getting ready to type " no just no"

I actually like it. I think it needs a better rear diffuser too - do that next!

Reactions: V_Wagon

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was getting ready to type " no just no"

I actually like it. I think it needs a better rear diffuser too - do that next!
Stop helping....

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
One suggestion I have is I would get a piece of white vinyl that closely matches the car color and put it on the top side of the rear middle brake light to make it blendin from that vantage point.

I also agree you should design a rear diffuser for the wagon.

·
Premium Member
17,763 Posts
Can you make me one in carbon fiber, painted OBM? TIA

·
Premium Member
15,271 Posts
I always felt like there was a little something missing in the wagon styling compared to most other shooting brake designs I've seen.
This ain't gonna be everybody's taste. Call it ricer or too furious if you want, I welcome comments and criticisms.

I built this myself. I am not interested in making them, but will be more than happy to share what I used and how I did it. Certainly you could improve on your own design and probably make a nicer looking version...

I'm sure there will be questions about the aerodynamics, I haven't the foggiest effin' clue. Never was a consideration.

Jeff-
It makes me think "storm trooper" - which was funny when I noticed your avatar.

I feel like it's just a TOUCH too long aesthetically, and should be angled slightly more. But that's just me; and I look forward to the DIY instructions.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That looks awesome.
How is it attached? I cringe at the thought of drilling into that light (moisture).

And oh yeah, I'll take one painted BD. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One suggestion I have is I would get a piece of white vinyl that closely matches the car color and put it on the top side of the rear middle brake light to make it blendin from that vantage point.

I also agree you should design a rear diffuser for the wagon.
I didn't want to do anything that would obscure the light ("WTF does he think that wing is doing...?") anymore than the wing already does.... you know, because our taillights are so hard to see...

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It makes me think "storm trooper" - which was funny when I noticed your avatar.

I feel like it's just a TOUCH too long aesthetically, and should be angled slightly more. But that's just me; and I look forward to the DIY instructions.
I started out a lot shorter but it really just didn't show up. I bet I made four or five templates before I just said phuckit, go big or go home, diving platform it is then...

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks awesome.
How is it attached? I cringe at the thought of drilling into that light (moisture).

And oh yeah, I'll take one painted BD. Thanks.
All stainless hardware, and yes, holes drilled. The light itself is still sealed. I attached to the housing that holds the light which is not completely sealed from the factory. I siliconed the holes anyway even though it wasn't needed.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Comeon go big or go home! You need a giant WRC style wing man...

Jk it Looks good, body color would probably look even better. Looks a lot like the OEM ones for a lot of Suv's. My X3 one always looked nice to me.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
No his wing is big enough.

He just need a rear diffuser!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Looks clean& fit's the style of the car errrrrrr Vagon ...

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: random84

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is just about perfect - not too "in your face" but a nice accent.
Good job, looking forward to the write up on how you made this.

Please write like you are writing instructions for a 5 year old. Hahahahaha.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts