Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7 speed manual. I prefer to row my own.

Reactions: ShelteredV

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Smooth shifts I was watching your tach. Good job. Try going down to 2nd gear in T1 Keep the tach at 4-4.5 at the lowest rpm range. Great driving.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Are you going from 5th to 3rd on downshifts? I notice that you also don't bring it to redline on the straights, bring it to the line, you won't hurt it. You're making the most power in the higher rev range- use it to get higher speeds and flow that speed thought the turns. Your biggest gains are exiting oak tree and the last turn prior to the front straight. Use the redline and power of that most awesome motor to go faster.

I would say no lower than 3.5k on the tach while on track. You say you like to row your own, you will be busy. Stock diff? If so what is the ratio? Think about going to a 410 and using 6th gear on the back straight. Install that and you will be under 2 minutes for sure. Can you set up a camera so your hands,feet and head are showing?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of Z06 drivers have tried going to 2nd in T1 and Oak Tree, you just don’t pick anything up time-wise. When I shift from 5 to 3 it’s always under heavy breaking. Unfortunately my early sessions were plagued with other drivers causing black flags and bad point-bys. 3rd and 4th session after our drivers meeting I was vocal about the point-bys and we got things sped up a bit. Next steps for me are late braking front and back straight and carrying more speed in the climbing esses. I‘m confident that a perfect lap for me is a 2:02.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nitto NT-01’s. I like driving to/from the track without changing wheels.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should be twice as fast now.

·
Registered
TBSS, Corvette FRC, RS 3
32 Posts
Nice to see another Corvette guy around here! I was taking a similar line through Oak Tree when I was learning south course a few months back. Hoping to get my Spec Corvette build underway soon so I can get time in that car out there.

What group was this? Bad point-bys are something I'm very vocal about.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took mine off. But added Jake to my helmet. You can’t take the boy outta da’ racer. LOL

Track Maps add 50 more hp.

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice to see another Corvette guy around here! I was taking a similar line through Oak Tree when I was learning south course a few months back. Hoping to get my Spec Corvette build underway soon so I can get time in that car out there.

What group was this? Bad point-bys are something I'm very vocal about.
Black group. Guys got confused from running Grand Course followed by Full Course. Back straight point-by should be left for full, right for grand (direction of the next turn). You purposely let the car run wide to keep the momentum and wait for the slower car to move track right. I actually had a car point left, then right and then throw his hands up. Shouldn’t be in black group.

If I blow 2 corners in a row (miss my braking point or make the car unstable with stupid inputs) I pull in the pits so I can pull my shit together. Hitting nearly 170mph is not a place to be day-dreaming.

All signed up for March 22/23 at VIR with Track Daze. Running full course both days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts