Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been chasing this one for awhile fellas. Roll forward to 20:00 for the fast lap. Lots of 2:03 - 2:05’s before and after though. I had a 2021 Porsche Turbo S chasing me. He was about 5mph fast than me on the straights and with AWD, that thing was jumping off the apexes like it was shot out of a canon. It better be for $200K.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2:02.36 was my fastest. I was trying to use the open session to improve (not wise), but a brand new Supra ran me to the left edge of the track, not following the blend line rules. Track Daze parked him for that one. As they should.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nitto NT-01’s

315/30/18 F and 335/30/18 R

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My buddy has a 2014 GT3 with a brand new 2016 spec motor/475hp, (compliments of Porsche BTW) and he asked to do a lead/follow to clean up his lines. It’s when I ran my fastest 2:02.36 and he ran his fastest 2:02.85. He definitely has better brakes as you’ll see him close ever gap I pull on him through the straights and some corners. He’s also on Hoosier slicks, but no excuses....he’s fast. Make me wish I had PDK when you hear that thing hold gears and downshift when you’d want/expect it to. I was glad to see him get loose a couple of times just to prove it wasn’t totally unbeatable.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The PDK is to fucking die for. Take the Manual and through iut in the trash where it belongs when compared to this. Krauts dialed it in. The 991 platform is the shit and handles like it is on rails, however he C7 with the right driver can best the 911. Both are great platforms. The advantage on the 991 is the brakes as you stated and in cornering. For you to be doing equal times in the C7 on street tires is a testament to your driving. Your no slouch and Porsche tears can be some of the sweetest when besting them in lesser platforms. C7/BMW/ect.

You boy leaves it in auto mode?????

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My “boy“ never set foot on a track until 2 years ago. He’s 73 years old and has my utmost respect for taking this hobby on at this age. He truly loves it. Anyone who hugs my bumper at 160mph and out brakes me....as he should, has all the track-cred‘ I have to give.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
73 y/o and running and gunning, I am impressed and tip of the cap to him. His eyesight is that of a 25 year old as his lines are good for a guy with 2 years of track time. Is that a 991.1 ? Also take a look at your apexes from his camera. You can get much data from his video, keep on posting.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s a 2014 911 GT3 with a new 2016 motor (475hp) flown in from Germany compliments of Porsche.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts