Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the 09 up trans cooler lines?
The GM diagram shows the upper line from the radiator going into the cooler. The line they provided with the radiator will not go in that direction.

GM diagram #5 is the line that comes with the radiator

#5 is the line with the black cap on it. It is not long enough to reach the cooler port, with the clear cap on it. The red capped line is #18

Any chance I bought the radiator, for the 09-15 CTS-V, from GM, and #5 is wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
It looks to me like the line for the top of the radiator is the wrong one. Mine comes out of the trans cooler and feeds the radiator as pictured in the diagram as #5 (25876666). Can you bend it to make it work?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I think you ended up with the manual trans cooler radiator line. What's the part# on the radiator line?

#25876666 is the correct part number from what I can see through other parts sites

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#5 was wrong. I took a chance and ordered it from Amazon. Now it will work. "There was no way to bend the other, it was far too short.

Thank you.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. I've googled and searched as you can see going back 15 pages to find this thread but pictures are no longer working. Was wondering if anyone had pictures or a service manual with the routing lines diagram to help me out. Took this thing apart over a year ago and needing help routing transmission lines (Manaul if it makes a difference) and power steering lines. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: adam112

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. I've googled and searched as you can see going back 15 pages to find this thread but pictures are no longer working. Was wondering if anyone had pictures or a service manual with the routing lines diagram to help me out. Took this thing apart over a year ago and needing help routing transmission lines (Manaul if it makes a difference) and power steering lines. Thanks in advance.
Dont have pics but I can help try to explain...I tried to save time by attaching the trans cooler lines to the motor and trans before re install, ended up having to remove them for the PS routing. I should have taken pictures before tear down as I spent several hours getting it all just right, nestled around the 9.5 lower.

PS screw to back of the fans, AC attaches to alternator stud. trans lines go up through there to the rad...two screws to the engine with small screws (M8 head or M7..cant recall. GM and their random ass 7mm stuff...)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll try and figure it out with your reply but hoping I can get pictures from a fellow member as its soooo much easier utilizing pictures. ��

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll try and figure it out with your reply but hoping I can get pictures from a fellow member as its soooo much easier utilizing pictures.
Lol for sure man. If only random would start his build. You know he’s gonna bring the heat (thorough documentation).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I searched with no luck. Does anyone know which line coming out of the transmission is the return line vice the out line. I removed the radiator from my trans cooling loop about a year ago and upgraded the trans cooler but my temps get high ( low 200s) on long trips so I upgraded to the weapon x radiator and plan to run the trans through the radiator then the cooler. I just need to know which line is the return. Thank you for any help. I am on the lift right now so any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I searched with no luck. Does anyone know which line coming out of the transmission is the return line vice the out line. I removed the radiator from my trans cooling loop about a year ago and upgraded the trans cooler but my temps get high ( low 200s) on long trips so I upgraded to the weapon x radiator and plan to run the trans through the radiator then the cooler. I just need to know which line is the return. Thank you for any help. I am on the lift right now so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Post a pic...on the TR6060, the return is the high one I believe, it dumps back to the case. Typically you'd want to sump from a low point, then aim it back strategically for cooling. I have no clue what a 6l90 looks like though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to get the diagram from the dealership. The correct routing for an A6 is:

Top line from transmission to bottom of radiator
Top line from radiator to drivers side of trans cooler
Passenger side trans cooler to bottom line from transmission

I will try to post the diagram when I get home.

Now I just need to figure out how to build some lines. Iâ€m not sure of the fittings required to go in to the radiator. I thought they were Jiffy tite but I am having second thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get the diagram from the dealership. The correct routing for an A6 is:

Top line from transmission to bottom of radiator
Top line from radiator to drivers side of trans cooler
Passenger side trans cooler to bottom line from transmission

I will try to post the diagram when I get home.

Now I just need to figure out how to build some lines. Iâ€m not sure of the fittings required to go in to the radiator. I thought they were Jiffy tite but I am having second thoughts.
This is an awesome photo, thanks for finding this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts