Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 1700 HP, 2009 CTS-V Sedan A6 1450 HP, 2012 CTS-V coupe M6 1100 HP
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

If you feel this has helped you PLEASE SHARE so it can help educate others. Thank You

Get familiar with your car using HP Tuners VCM Scanner software and learn how to interpret the data that your seeing. This video will go over the basics of remote tuning as well as explain what all those lines and dials are in the scanner that your seeing. It will also show you how to verify that what your tuner is asking the vehicle to do, that its actually achieving that. Knowledge is Power. We will also send the layout and channels shown in this video to anyone that is interested whether we tune you or not. We were going to attach them but we don't know how at the moment. A higher resolution version will go up on Twin Turbo Wens YouTube later today because unfortunately it is taking forever to upload in 4k

Yes this video is very long LOL, but it contains some extremely valuable information that most tuners wont give out.

link for the channels and layouts displayed in the video, this will cover most necessary channels for all LS/LT based vehicles, if you need more specific channels your tuner should be able to provide that without issue.

feel free to discuss, and if there is anything else you would like a video on please let us know in the comments. ( not interested in making tuning videos sorry)

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
I haven't watched it yet, but you get kudos and internet bonus points for the effort alone.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 1700 HP, 2009 CTS-V Sedan A6 1450 HP, 2012 CTS-V coupe M6 1100 HP
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't watched it yet, but you get kudos and internet bonus points for the effort alone.

thank you, i think it came out extremely well and got alot of people that said it helped them. issue was it was uploaded in SD so kinda blurry. finally got it in 4k on youtube, link is
if you do watch it please lmk what you think.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
Great video! It will help people for sure. I want to check out to gauge layout for sure. Looks really cool!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I found the video extremely helpful - thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Only recommendation (if it's even possible) is to make the gauge layout automatically scale based on the user's screen size. I run a laptop vs. a super-wide monitor like you do, so when I implemented the layout the gauges looked more like a NASCAR oval track than a circle, haha.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the video extremely helpful - thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Only recommendation (if it's even possible) is to make the gauge layout automatically scale based on the user's screen size. I run a laptop vs. a super-wide monitor like you do, so when I implemented the layout the gauges looked more like a NASCAR oval track than a circle, haha.
I honestly didn’t even think about that :/. I’ll see what I can do about that and I’ll add it to that google drive folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Is it the stoich value that drives commanded eq ratio divided by PE? Curious as to why my Eq Cmd (.702) doesn't match my wideband. (.77)

I trust the WB and have never had an issue but after reading these newer posts and reviewing some logs, I believe they should match and while the WB is correct, I see no reason to command a .70 eq ratio.
Font Technology Multimedia Display device Screenshot

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Is it the stoich value that drives commanded eq ratio? Curious as to why my Eq Cmd (.702) doesn't match my wideband. (.77)

I trust the WB and have never had an issue but after reading these newer posts and reviewing some logs, I believe they should match and while the WB is correct, I see no reason to command a .70 eq ratio. View attachment 152816
You're in open loop there, so EQ is what the ECU wants to see, your WB (if accurate) is what it actually is. There is no short term fuel correction for Open Loop by definition. Yes, the O2 sensors give readings but they are not super accurate so the ECM ignores them.

You can multiple your open loop fueling (aka MAF sensor calibration) by that difference to tune in WOT.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it the stoich value that drives commanded eq ratio? Curious as to why my Eq Cmd (.702) doesn't match my wideband. (.77)

I trust the WB and have never had an issue but after reading these newer posts and reviewing some logs, I believe they should match and while the WB is correct, I see no reason to command a .70 eq ratio. View attachment 152816
Commanded is what your specific calibration is asking for which i definitely agree is way too rich. The .77 is what your actually achieving. So you need to fix what it’s being commanded then will have to adjust the maf back to match it

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it the stoich value that drives commanded eq ratio divided by PE? Curious as to why my Eq Cmd (.702) doesn't match my wideband. (.77)

Geez whoever’s tuning that car is literally asking for 10.2 afr

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Geez whoever’s tuning that car is literally asking for 10.2 afr

Rich is safe! lol

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I've used Pat for years. Don't try to tune it myself but after reviewing a log file, it left me wondering why the commanded and actual are so different.

It never runs rich according to the wb and always pulls hard and has never given me any issues.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've used Pat for years. Don't try to tune it myself but after reviewing a log file, it left me wondering why the commanded and actual are so different.

It never runs rich according to the wb and always pulls hard and has never given me any issues.
I would consult Pat about that bc I doubt he did that on purpose. Likely an error and I’m certain he would correct it for you.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I will. That log is a year old and I drive the car every day so if there was something terrible going on, I would assume it would have surfaced over the last 5k miles.

I'll log a new run just to make sure before contacting Pat.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will. That log is a year old and I drive the car every day so if there was something terrible going on, I would assume it would have surfaced over the last 5k miles.

I'll log a new run just to make sure before contacting Pat.
Understand. Just good to notice the issues big or small and have peace of mind that it’s 100% and I’m sure Pat feels the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts