Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know?

I just looked in the service manual at 11-174 it shows the VCIM should be located above the glove box. Took the glove box out, and there's no VCIM up there. There's a pedestrian security module. My guess is that this is because it's an export, maybe the US version has no pedestrian protection requirement? Regardless, the important thing for me is find the VCIM, where is it located in the Export model?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Does anybody know?

I just looked in the service manual at 11-174 it shows the VCIM should be located above the glove box. Took the glove box out, and there's no VCIM up there. There's a pedestrian security module. My guess is that this is because it's an export, maybe the US version has no pedestrian protection requirement? Regardless, the important thing for me is find the VCIM, where is it located in the Export model?
Thanks

Looks to be either or, not both. Check you RPO codes (under the spare tire cover) and look for

UE0 is "Communication System - Vehicle, GPS, - Not Installed"
UE1 is "Communication System - Vehicle, GPS, 1"
B3T is "Hood - Active, Pedestrian Protection"

I bet you find UE0 and B3T. The pedestrian protection is not required or an option on a domestic car. The VCIM is for the OnStar and also has the Bluetooth for hands free calling. why do you need to find it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts