Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my Varimax pump today. It was fairly simple. I think I was more nervous about properly burping the system more than I was about the actual install. So here's the issues I had. First the wiring harness wouldn't snap into the OEM harness. I even pulled the little orange rubber gasket out of the OEM harness to push the Varimax connector further in. No dice. So I just put it together and wrapped the connectors in electrical tape so they wouldn't disconnect and to keep moisture out. It still worked so problem solved there. There was no LPE bracket included, so I just mounted it straight into the OEM bracket, so no problem there either. However, the clamp they supplied didn't fit right into the OEM stud so I had to bore the holes out a little with a step bit. No biggie. It all went together. Felt solid, and worked as it should. But my big question is about the big beautiful rubber mount they supplied. I though that thing was great. It was gonna perform some major vibration absorbing. But it apparently wasn't meant to be. Because the clamp didn't even fit around it. Nor was there room to have it on the pump and still get a clamp around any part of the pump. So my assumption is that the big beautiful rubber mount is specifically for another type of application. And specifically NOT MINE. Bummer. So the question being... What is the big beautiful rubber mount for? Was it something that would have worked for mounting it onto the LPE bracket? Or is it a ZL1 thing? Or did I just miss something in my install where I could've utilized it? Like I said, my install worked. It's in. It's working. I can't complain. But I'm just curious what it was intended for? I mean, considering the few small issues with the install parts I guess I'm not surprised that they would send a part that is useless for my install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.