Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking up components for a valvetrain and I think I've got it mostly figured out, except the valves.

I'm planning on getting my LSA heads ported, and since it's a ~70k mile head, I figure I might as well do valves since it'll be out.

Cam/valvetrain setup will be:

2.45/8.6
GP tuning 2.5 cam
CHE Trunnion upgrade
BTR .660 kit / Ti retainers
Johnson 2110's
BTR 11/32 pushrods

Intake valve - New stock LSA? Hollow stem LS3? Ferrea F2010P's?
Exhaust valve - New stock LSA? GM 12612427 LY6/L96 Inconel?

Car is mainly a street/light track car, will run e85 but no nitrous or methanol injection. 6800rpm shift points. My goal is building for longevity / durability, where I can beat on it and stay well under the limit. I don't mind spending the money on good parts, but I don't want to spend unnecessary $ if the difference between a stock LSA exhaust valve and Inconel one is so little that it would barely make a difference (and the price difference was significant).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is porting the heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still up in the air, wouldn't be until end of this year. I contacted you not that long ago for a quote to get it done thru WCCH. I saw they offered both valve upgrades on their website as well.

WCCH, FED, Power Dynamics are all options at this point.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Just got my heads back from WCCH with upgraded ss valves. My vote is wcch if your keeping your lsa heads.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Right. Stainless intake and exhaust, solid stems for both, should be fine.

A lot of guys are running this combo and getting really good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
For ported LSA heads I see no reason to push the envelope or take chances.

Either WCCH or Mamo combos would be my suggestion as they are "tried and true."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents. I'm finding new LSA/LS3 stock exhaust valves for almost the same price as the LY6 Inconel ones, might as well go LY6 if they're the same price, unless they're inferior?

The LS3 intake valves are also only $120 or so more than new stock LSA's, which at that price seems like a no brainer. Both hollow stem valves and inconel are listed options on the WCCH website (which I assume are the LS3 & LY6 at that pricepoint) which would seem like upgrades over stainless units that people have been having good results with, unless I'm missing something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts