Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone go up against a 2017 or newer ZL1 1LE. At this point, all I have is a 2016 V3 with a K&N CAI (I realize that's barely anything, but I'm just getting started). Wondering if there's a chance in hell of staying with one on a 40mph roll. I figured, with them needing to shift and all, it might be close. Anyone got any first hand experience?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not Apples to apples with your question, but I am coming from a 19 ZL1 (10 speed auto) and it felt significantly faster than my V. From a 40 roll I think your only chance is an unskilled driver....

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Manuals are slow as fuck, you should compete in a slush box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
I spent some time going between the ZL1 and V3 too.
Ended up with V because of storage space, refinement and luxury.
Really wanted that 10 speed auto, dig the ZL1
some days I wish I went with the ZL1, but I think at this point I will probably sell the V and get a daily and then wait for the C8

to OP: I think you're gonna get walked pretty much any run you have with an A10 ZL1, manual may be closer or worse depending on driver.
Get a tune, maybe that gets you closer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why did you change to a V3? I've spent the last week trying to pick between those two.
At the end of the day I have a soft spot for rear wheel drive V8 sedans (dying breed). I’ve owned 2 SS sedans and I needed/wanted a back seat. It’s there in the ZL1 but not functional.... at all. It was a blast to drive and absolute rocket! The V3 has been great so far and I’m sure I’ll have it for a bit but I do miss the ZL1.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I raced a manual and I did pull away from him. I have a pulley, wx intake, wx intercooler, tune and Corsa exhaust. Pretty sure a auto will be faster tho

·
Registered
32 Posts
I came real close to buying a ZL1...but I needed a daily with a daughter that plays cello...so sedan it was and I love it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ZL1 has the sight lines of a tank.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Oh I get it. Driven them before. Blind spots and field of view aren’t that great. Good thing is all you need to see is what’s in front of you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't the latest Camaros have the rear-camera mirror like our '17+ Vs?? Should do wonders for the sight lines in the Camaro.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Don't the latest Camaros have the rear-camera mirror like our '17+ Vs?? Should do wonders for the sight lines in the Camaro.
The A pillars and windshield height/angle aren't fixed by mirrors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts