Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mufflers for the V3 are different from the ZL1/ZLE versions? From underbody pictures, they look the same. Maybe the 10hp less makes the V3 quieter?

However, it seems that LT4 camaros are way louder. At my local track Laguna Seca, the sound limits can sometimes be as low as 90dB. My V3 had no issues with sound, but I know ZL1s have to lift even on 92dB days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My son has a stock '18 Camaro SS and it is MUCH louder at startup than my '17 V. Don't know why the NA LT4 is louder than our SC LT4 but it is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone know if the mufflers for the V3 are different from the ZL1/ZLE versions? From underbody pictures, they look the same. Maybe the 10hp less makes the V3 quieter?

However, it seems that LT4 camaros are way louder. At my local track Laguna Seca, the sound limits can sometimes be as low as 90dB. My V3 had no issues with sound, but I know ZL1s have to lift even on 92dB days.
I have owned both and yes the muffler is a little different on the ZL1/ZLE compared to the CTS-V. My ZL1 1Le was louder. If the sound is what you're looking for just delete the rear cats on the V and the sound will be comparable to a stock ZL1 The 10 horsepower difference is in the tune. CTS-V has a slightly more restrictive supercharger lid also. A DSX lid can fix that for you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone here tried deleting the rear cats?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have owned both and yes the muffler is a little different on the ZL1/ZLE compared to the CTS-V. My ZL1 1Le was louder. If the sound is what you're looking for just delete the rear cats on the V and the sound will be comparable to a stock ZL1 The 10 horsepower difference is in the tune. CTS-V has a slightly more restrictive supercharger lid also. A DSX lid can fix that for you!
DSX lid definitely made a difference in sound and proven/consistent dyno numbers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I have. It increases start-up sound slightly, Made for a little more crackle if you downshift when slowing down. Inside the car the sound didn't change much
Stock Warm start up

Rear Cat Delete Cold start up (louder Slightly deeper tone )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts