Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done the upgrade from a 2016 to a 2019 and if they felt it was worth it? I have a 2016 with 10,000 miles on it and I am looking at buying basically the exact same car in a 2019. Is it worth any money to upgrade? is the cue that much better? anything else really worth it for the upgrade? I am not looking to do major mods as I have other cars for that.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has done the upgrade from a 2016 to a 2019 and if they felt it was worth it? I have a 2016 with 10,000 miles on it and I am looking at buying basically the exact same car in a 2019. Is it worth any money to upgrade? is the cue that much better? anything else really worth it for the upgrade? I am not looking to do major mods as I have other cars for that.

I doubt its worth the cost, I dont think the new CUE is any better personally, its different but I actually prefer the software on the 2016s. Im not sure how much the difference is but youve gotta be taking a pretty hefty depreciation hit on the 2016 and then will do the same on the 2019 for some very subtle changes. Only other change I can think of is you get a camera rear view which is ok I guess

·
Registered
163 Posts
The processor was upgraded for CUE in 2017 but a substantial bit and then a few months into 2017 production, there was a hardware upgrade for CUE. Other than that, the only other functional difference off the top of my head is the rear camera mirror also introduced in 2017. I believe there are some additional exterior color options for 2019 vs. 2016 as well.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I have an '18, rear view camera is never used as it's hard to get used to. You have change your focus back and forth looking at it way more than if you were using it as a mirror and it gives me a headache, would only use it on a road trip where my kids throw pillows and other stuff high enough to block the rear window. As far as CUE, I've had it lock up on me multiple times. Another difference is being able to adjust the exhaust valves in CUE, which I never did and then put a Corsa exhaust on which deleted the valves anyways. I say keep the '16 and treat yourself to a few car goodies to make you excited about the car again

·
Registered
163 Posts
By contrast, I ONLY use the rear-camera mirror because it's great. Take very little to get used to it if you're using it full-time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
By contrast, I ONLY use the rear-camera mirror because it's great. Take very little to get used to it if you're using it full-time.
Same here. After a day or so it didn't seem strange at all and the super wide field of view is really good at eliminating blind spots.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I admit the rear view camera was one of my favorite things on the way home. When you have a bad glare in the rear window.put up the shade and leave the cam on.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts