Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m thinking about some 19x10 +23 fronts with 19x11 +32 rears on the V3. Has any one played around with these aggressive fitments on a lowered v3 yet?

just want to make sure I get a flush stance with out needing to do fender work..

Thanks for the help in advance to whoever has the knowledge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My current setup is 19x10 +19 front and 19x11 +46 rear. 275 front, 305 rear.

Fitment.

Front could come outward further by 5mm or 10mm.

Rear: tight on the inside, nothing rubs, and fits fine on the outside. Could probably go outward 5 more mm max before rubbing so figure +41 ish.

Lowered, I don't think the offset you are thinking will work unless you go with a narrower tire, maybe stretched or with a good amount of camber.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unlike my old G8, the V got the fenders right meaning there is no discernable lip that needs to be rolled or cut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I appreciate the help! I definitely don’t want to run a stretched tire.
I just want to have the best stance and still use 305s in the back to be able to get some traction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Fitment.

Rear: tight on the inside, nothing rubs, and fits fine on the outside. Could probably go outward 5 more mm max before rubbing so figure +41 ish.

Lowered, I don't think the offset you are thinking will work unless you go with a narrower tire, maybe stretched or with a good amount of camber.

What are you lowered on if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
144 Posts
What are you lowered on if you don’t mind me asking?
Sorry. Forgot to write that. I am not lowered.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could also pick up a known, tried and true 275/305, 19x10/19x11 fitment from James Rennick or Nick Kotz which will get you 90% of the way there, lower the car, see how much room is left and then run a spacer to get it exactly where you need to be. Always make sure you have enough thread turns on the lug nuts after using a spacer or you will need longer studs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I want to go with some BC forged wheels just want to get the offsets correct without the rubbing headaches.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll take some front and rear pics with measurements for you this week so you can see exactly where my tire sits and based on that, you can decide your offsets.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll take some front and rear pics with measurements for you this week so you can see exactly where my tire sits and based on that, you can decide your offsets.

Make sure you deal with the wheel manufacturer that knows what you plan on doing. I ordered a set a 20 inch rims while the car was at its stock ride height however when I lowered it , tire starting to rub? Trying now where it’s hitting, I have the stock set bank on. Also, used Rennick lowering springs, pure garbage , Going to put Weapon X on this week see if there’s a difference. Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have BC's on my V3, +20 in front and +47 in rear
Front could go with +15, but the rear is pretty much spot on with 305/30
Agree 100%. Ours are almost identical.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the process of ordering a set of rims . I've decided to stay with the 9.5 x 23 offset front with 265 x 35 x 19 ps4s.
Rears are going to be 11.5 x 19 with 52 offset . Tire will be 325 x 30 x 19 ps4s. I put the car on ramps and measured between the rim and shock tower 1 1/2 "and between the tire and shock tower 1 5/8" . ( stock 295 rear ) stock rims show 2" projection street side front and rear. You can check rim fitment at www.willtheyfit.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm in the process of ordering a set of rims . I've decided to stay with the 9.5 x 23 offset front with 265 x 35 x 19 ps4s.
Rears are going to be 11.5 x 19 with 52 offset . Tire will be 325 x 30 x 19 ps4s. I put the car on ramps and measured between the rim and shock tower 1 1/2 "and between the tire and shock tower 1 5/8" . ( stock 295 rear ) stock rims show 2" projection street side front and rear. You can check rim fitment at www.willtheyfit.com
I'd be careful. I run a 19x11 +46 with a 305 and there's not much left on the inside and more concerning is how close the tire and rim lip comes to one of the lower forward control arms.

Your +52 offset and wider 325 plus the wider rim may rub on the inside. I hope not.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I run 20x10+25 front and 20x11+43 rears with 275/30r20 and 305/25r20 on a WX lowered car, no issues.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Let us know if that works... I'd be surprised if the rubber does. Rim-wise, I have a half inch clearance from my rear inner lip to the shock, when lowered on 20x11+43 with 305/25r20, but like the poster said above, watch out for control arm interference...I never looked at that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just used your site, did your math, and no, the rims will definitely rub the shock tower, not to mention the rubber.

You can cheat 10mm on the outboard side and not worry about rubbing the outer fender... Your sweet spot is a 46 offset, which moves the rim 10mm outboard to give you inboard clearance.

Regardless, in doing so, you'll never get that 325 tire width to beat the outer fender with a squared up sidewall, especially if it's a 30. 315 is going to be your best bet

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a set of bc forged 19x10 +20 / 19x11r +50 lowered on wpx springs, running stock size r888r. Plan on stepping up to 275/305 once this set goes out. As other mention front can come out another +5 but rears are pretty tight with a 305.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Fitment.

Any more pics? What's the actual weight compared to stock?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Any more pics? What's the actual weight compared to stock?
Wheels are 1/2" wider in the front and 1" wider in the rear but the weights are about the same as stock. 28# give or take 1/2 pound.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts