Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD front cover is riddled with rock chips and I want to replace it soon.
Anyone recommend a vendor that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping one of these things?
I'm in So Cal.

·
Registered
431 Posts
When I had to replace mine, I mistakenly bought an aftermarket one and the fit was terrible. You can sometimes score one off eBay. But in the end I just went to local cad dealer, think it was a little over 400$ and you don’t have to pay the shipping

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Do not buy a dura-flex one. Tried that route on the race car and they are total garbage.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcs003

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Shipping just kills on things this large. I needed the FOAM impact beam that's behind the bumper. Styrofoam, folks, nothing else, basically a 4x4, 5' long made of foam, weigh two pounds. Shipping was bizarre...90 bux or so.
Cost from Dealer, no shipping:177
Cost from Rock Auto (150 shpg) 255
Cost from ebay "free shpg" 147

I know its not the part you need, just examples of the way pricing goes on difficult to ship stuff.
Compare all methods, good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Most dealership parts departments run an online version of gmpartsdirect. You might be able to find one local to you that has 25 to 30% off of list pricing on the bumper and then pick it up. I recently bought an oem cover for 472 bucks from rydell chevy in northridge, California.

Reactions: SoCalDave
1 - 6 of 6 Posts