Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here installed Goodridge SS brake lines on their V2? I installed the Rear lines successfully on my 2012 M6 Seda, but I am having trouble figuring out which way the front lines go in. The bracket on the brake line that attaches at the Shock bolt to lower control arm is giving me fits. Which way does it go? I really dont want to do this this twice. Any help or pictures appreciated.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Has anyone on here installed Goodridge SS brake lines on their V2? I installed the Rear lines successfully on my 2012 M6 Seda, but I am having trouble figuring out which way the front lines go in. The bracket on the brake line that attaches at the Shock bolt to lower control arm is giving me fits. Which way does it go? I really dont want to do this this twice. Any help or pictures appreciated.
I don’t have a pic of that side of the control arm...might a help in an hour

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have a pic of that side of the control arm...might a help in an hour
That would be excellent. Ideally a Picture of the bracket and back of caliper to see angle of line where its attached to caliper. Much appreciated. I'm holding off until I know which way it goes.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd be interested to see pics too. I installed my fronts in Feb and not sure it's in the right position either. The line is just dangling now since I couldn't figure out the bracket. Yikes! No real stresses on it but should be secured. Road Atlanta in a few weeks too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Forgot Entirely once my daughter went to bed...

I’m not sure what SS lines i have or brackets for that matter. I’ll see what I can see this afternoon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured it out after test fitting the lines to full lock. Here are pics what it should look like between caliper and bracket. I did eventually hook up other end of line

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
the 2 adaptors that come in the kit, where do they go?

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
the 2 adaptors that come in the kit, where do they go?
They extend the rear lines where the bracket is on the passenger side - but a slight adjustment to the lines is all that's necessary. They're not needed as best I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
And I also broke a banjo bolt. Thankfully I got the remnants out of the caliper and will have to source a replacement locally.

Torque values for Goodrich are like 16ft lbs, NOT the OEM 36 ft lbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts