Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 V Coupe passenger door quit opening from the inside for a while now, and now the passenger window is stuck 1/2 way down. I can't find the inside door switch part #. I did find part # 20787026 online says it a lock switch. Can anyone tell me what the part # is or if this is the correct one? Thanks
P.S. On my window when I press the button to roll it up or down you can hear it click then move about 1/4 to 1/2 inch then stop and that's it, stuck in place.
Thanks Again Phil

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
505 Posts
Try to dc the battery and go through window set up process. Hold the button till it goes all the way down and keep hilding for 5 secs after. Same for the way up.
I'll have to look for door switch P/N but dont think I have it saved.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The door switch is pretty easy to clean, and it fixed my problem with the door not wanting to open. You can find how-to videos on YouTube. The regular coupe and the V are the same. No idea about the window though unless the cable has come off of the cams in the regulator in which case the door has to come apart to replace it.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
505 Posts
I had that similar problem when I DC the battery with windows half way down (limp mode for windows?) Had to mess with the battery/window reset a bunch of times and it worked eventually. Hopefully it's the same thing for him.

Thank god for manual door handle on the inside. I was really confused for a minute when my switch died 🤣

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I did't get back to you right away, and thanks for the help. I replaced the door switch & put dielectric on it. the door opens great. I tried to unhook the battery for 5 minutes then roll the window all the down & all that, but the problem is the window window is stuck in the 1/2 way position you can see it move about 2 inches & that's it. I guess Ill have to pull the door panel off. My next question is is there any tricks to pulling the door panel off?
Thanks Again Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.