Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a couple of different parts for sale, any questions just let me know. Price does not include shipping. Located in zip code 28173 (Charlotte NC area)

1 - NEW Weapon X Stainless Steel Differential Cooler Kit $1100 OBO

*The included hoses will not reach far enough for a wagon without extension/modification. Never installed. Everything in the pictures is what I received from Weapon X with nothing missing that I know of. Please read description on their website to ensure you know what they did and did not include, and recommended mounting locations.

2 - USED OEM V2 LSA Throttle Body ported by JOKERZ $160 OBO - SOLD

3 - USED Stock LSA crank damper/pulley - SOLD

4 - USED Gates K080653HD FleetRunner Micro-V Serpentine Drive Belt $20
*My understanding is that it works with stock lower and stock/2.45/2.55 upper pulleys

5 - *Coming Soon - DSS Solid Aluminum Driveshaft, stock length; stock differential, used with some miles on it but to my knowledge pretty good shape, never had a groan or "Diff Overheat" light; stock axles, no known issues but used. MAKE OFFER, and I will let the highest bidder know when they are off the car and ready to be shipped.

Font Electronic device Road surface Auto part Electronic component

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Balancer/Damper SOLD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throttle Body Sold, new items added.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Driveshaft info? Link?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 99% certain it's this one, just waiting on the shop who ordered and installed it for confirmation.

I've had a persistent rolling vibration 80-95mph for over a year now, no one can seem to firmly diagnose it. My most trusted mechanic said probably bad oem driveshaft, if not, then it's the diff. Car shakes once/5 seconds at this speed range. So I got this one installed about a month ago to see if it fixed the vibration...nope, no change. So I'm waiting on a gforce1320 diff kit and a new clutch just to "throw parts at all the possible culprits", and that 9" differential will come with a shorter aluminum driveshaft, so this one will be no good to me.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Does the critical speed of 150mph listed in the information on the website mean the car shouldn't be driven over 150? Just curious

·
Premium Member
16,482 Posts
Does the critical speed of 150mph listed in the information on the website mean the car shouldn't be driven over 150? Just curious
Probably a mix of how well it's balanced and liability.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Oh, this just BEGS the question... since they sell the same unit for autos and manuals: If the "critical speed" is based on an A6 car at 6032 propshaft rpm.... then an M6 would be limited to a "critical speed' of 130 mph?
OR
If the CS is based on a MT, then the propshaft speed limit is 6965 rpm.....so the AT car can cruise safely to... 173.2mph.

Drat! A6 guys get yet another advantage!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
I went to the source website and asked the questions. Curious if they even answer.

Reactions: V Wagon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep that link in post #6 is the one the shop installed. Not sure whats up with the listed critical speed - the shop asked me what the highest speed is that the car might see, and I stated a guess of 180mph if I find the right straightaway at the right track. They said no problem.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I'm 99% certain it's this one, just waiting on the shop who ordered and installed it for confirmation.

I've had a persistent rolling vibration 80-95mph for over a year now, no one can seem to firmly diagnose it. My most trusted mechanic said probably bad oem driveshaft, if not, then it's the diff. Car shakes once/5 seconds at this speed range. So I got this one installed about a month ago to see if it fixed the vibration...nope, no change. So I'm waiting on a gforce1320 diff kit and a new clutch just to "throw parts at all the possible culprits", and that 9" differential will come with a shorter aluminum driveshaft, so this one will be no good to me.
check your diff bushings, I am dealing with a very similar issue, working on replacing my diff bushings to see if I can solve the fine vibration, my diff looks twisted in the mount and with a 2pcs I probably wouldnt notice but when I changed to a 1pcs its very obvious, had the ds checked twice now and its in balance.

Reactions: SLPR

·
Registered
934 Posts
Once per 5 seconds at 80 plus, that's a weird deal because you'd expect anything to be once per rotation of some item at minimum and nothing is turning that slowly at 80. So, it must be a phasing sort of issue? Two different things that create the shake when they match positions just right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I think it would have to be. I've talked to some experienced mechanics and performance shops and other than throwing parts at it and seeing what changes no one is sure about anything.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump for Diff cooler kit and serpentine belt - still available

1 - 15 of 15 Posts