Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lens on the factory headlights are kinda too far gone to refresh.

Anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket? Or can we buy just the lens? I know on the C6 corvettes you can replace just the lens.

This is for a 2012 CTS-V Coupe.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
If it’s just faded from the sun you can fix it nd save a whole lotta money. TRUST ME! If you have access to a sander, get some 500,800,1000, 2000 and if you want 3000 grit sand paper(all wet) and starting with the 500 grit, sand sand sand. Go through each grit til you get to the 2000 or 3000 grit. You don’t have to go all the way to 3000, but I recommend it. The higher grit you go, the shinier and clearer they will be. Be sure to protect your paint with double layer paint tape. You will be amazed at how they look when your done. If you don’t have access to a sander, go with the 3M restoration kit. I’ve done all this on several cars and they turn out amazing!

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
restore those or you can buy aftermarket base lights and swap the lens out
hopefully they last long because I tend to replace the aftermarket lights on my pickup once they start peeling and looking like turds

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine are too yellow to save...

Does anyone have the part # for the Coupe V headlights with HID and adaptive lighting?

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
The headlights are the same for coupe,wagon,and sedan.
the actual lights are the same for non-v difference being more chrome in the non-v car with the hid light option

you can get standard lights and swap lenses from any model or option package. I don’t think anyone makes aftermarket Factory hid replacements. Just non hid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was actually referring to the OEM headlights, I would prefer to just replace them. My lights have auto leveling and turn with the steering wheel. I don’t want to lose that feature.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
All V2's have that feature.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
OEM replacement lights are quite pricey.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could buy base oem cts lights and swap the lenses, assuming your housings are still good. Those lights run about 260 to 280 a piece depending on the dealer or ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts