Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OBM Coupe, 6A, mostly stock
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge and moved from my Maggie'd 2005 into a 2012 OBM coupe with only 16k on the clock...ebony interior, Recaros...and an auto. Coming from a V1, I had my heart set on a 6M, but when this car popped up on my radar my love of OBM overrode my desire for a manual. I never realized how rare the color is until I saw the production numbers tonight.

Car feels heavier and less nimble than my V1, and with a similar amount of thrust. I'm still getting used to the Auto but I'm loving the backup cam, a little thing called bluetooth, and an aux in port. I do actually also miss the full sweep of info that the DIC in the V1 provided, but the V2 doesn't ding incessantly from a false hot oil caution. ;)

Car came with an Airaid, new Continentals and switched exhaust cutouts after the resonator but before the mufflers....so it's got a "whisper" mode just like Blue Thunder...hahaha.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome to the OBM club!

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
326 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade, if not an upgrade, at least to a newer car. and How can anyone not love that color? It gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome aboard. I too came from a Maggied V1 when I upgraded to my first V2. Yes, the performance will feel similar with the V2 in stock form and feel heavier. Once you drop those mods in through you will forget about that V1. :)

·
Registered
2012 OBM Coupe, 6A, mostly stock
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice score congratulations! What did she set you back if you don’t mind me asking?
It set me back 46.5k...considering the color, the mileage, prices these days, the new tires, the Airaid and the exhaust cutouts I thought I did pretty well.

Welcome aboard. I too came from a Maggied V1 when I upgraded to my first V2. Yes, the performance will feel similar with the V2 in stock form and feel heavier. Once you drop those mods in through you will forget about that V1. :)
Yep, I can believe that. It's a much different driving experience than the V1...driving position, etc. Loving all the bells and whistles though that I was going to Rube Goldberg into my V1. Sometimes the aggravation just isn't worth it.

Reactions: Mystical
1 - 9 of 9 Posts