Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a 2004 cts v. I have some issues with the car and i am looking to keep the car stockish. i know that's what everyone says when they get a bad ass car.
I have miles on the car 150000 ish
the throwout bearing is making noise when i pull the clutch in. does anyone have any suggestions on a clutch kit for the v1 that that will hold 550hp just in case i do work down the line but still feels sock or close to it?
headers ?
is the diablosport trinity t2 ex tuner {good} ?
is a short shiftier better for the car ? there is a lot of throw in the gears to me.
if anyone can help with these things that would be great.
my last car was a 74 nova and im just used to the old 350

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an A6 but a lot of people seem to like Monster clutches. As a general rule canned handheld tuners are not really worth the money. If you feel the throws are too long then a short shifter would be a good mod for you. Most of those shifters don't actually shorten the distance of the shift. They just change the leverage (kind of like grabbing the shifter lower on the stick).

·
Super Moderator
20,840 Posts
Sorry, I dont have a V1, I have a V2. The questions he asked though could be answered by anyone who has been into LS engines and cars in general. If his questions asked specifics about V1 I would not of answered.
I’m sure you would have, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I just recently got a 2004 cts v. I have some issues with the car and i am looking to keep the car stockish. i know that's what everyone says when they get a bad ass car.
I have miles on the car 150000 ish
the throwout bearing is making noise when i pull the clutch in. does anyone have any suggestions on a clutch kit for the v1 that that will hold 550hp just in case i do work down the line but still feels sock or close to it?
headers ?
is the diablosport trinity t2 ex tuner {good} ?
is a short shiftier better for the car ? there is a lot of throw in the gears to me.
if anyone can help with these things that would be great.
my last car was a 74 nova and im just used to the old 350 View attachment 143795
This is a great site, but there aren't a lot of V1 ('04-'07) owners here. Mostly V2 ('09-'14). I haven't been over there in a while, but LS1Tech used to be very active with V1 owners/info. Might want to check over there. This is the shifter I had in my V1 and I liked it a lot-

Idk if he still makes these kits, they are modified Camaro Hurst shifters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts