Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much is the lease on a new m5 and why not buy out the lease on the v3. I read somewhere the amg doesnt lease well i assumed all high ends were like that

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a former BMW fanatic, I can comment on this with clarity. The current M5 platform is a great car (I had it and the last generation). It does lag behind the V3 on any road course track day. Steering feel, turn in, braking, transitions, weight, stability management, etc.. are all better with the V3. The awd is a major help from 0-15/20 mph. After that it is a toss up.
My stock V3 with a 275/50/17 M&H and decent temperature/pavement runs with my old M and then gaps it 2-4 cars depending on how much the transmission nanny steps in. Both are great cars. And I look forward to the next real V.

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Someone mentioned it already but tuning the F90 M5 (2018-2020) is simple also. Although too much low end torque will destroy the motor quickly. Terry at Burgertuning has done a fantastic job tuning BMWs for many many years with his JB4 series. Anyway, a plug and play piggyback with cannbus and EW control makes a ton of difference in those cars. 10.7s all day long, with a very mild tune. Look at the pics attached (edit, they won’t attach for some reason). (Go look, it will blow your mind). From the draggy app today. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the top 10-11 vehicles from BMW. Almost every one is an F90 putting down serious numbers. (Granted, not all of those are tune only) but mostly they are very simple mods like tune, race gas and DPs.

I have been researching the F90 for over 2 years. However, if the new V brings it, like I hope it does, I’ll probably go that route due to maintenance costs, vehicle cost etc. Plus, yes the V sounds tremendously better than an M5. But they aren’t a slouch with a decent driver and Very mild mods.

Edit 2 lol. The 0-60 times range from 2.54-2.77.
The 1/4 times range from 10.14-10.40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How much is the lease on a new m5 and why not buy out the lease on the v3. I read somewhere the amg doesnt lease well i assumed all high ends were like that
I write off my vehicle leases and can't do that to the same extent when purchasing. Also, at the time of lease term I had 43,000 miles, I would need extended warranty and bigger service (rotors, etc). All of this out of pocket expense does not make sense for me at this time when I can just get into another lease. My V3 lease was a special with almost no MF. Surprisingly, M5 leases quite well and you can be in a range of $1,200 for a $110,000 car.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I write off my vehicle leases and can't do that to the same extent when purchasing. Also, at the time of lease term I had 43,000 miles, I would need extended warranty and bigger service (rotors, etc). All of this out of pocket expense does not make sense for me at this time when I can just get into another lease. My V3 lease was a special with almost no MF. Surprisingly, M5 leases quite well and you can be in a range of $1,200 for a $110,000 car.
That is a crazy good lease for a $110k car!
How many miles and months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also, are you guys going off the car and driver high 10s time?

ive seen some stuff that made it seem like they got a ringer car,
I agree...I do not doubt the M5 is insanely quick in the 1/4 but the C&D numbers are similar to what they got shortly before with a 911 Turbo AWD...and Porsche knows how to make a quick accelerating cars, not to mention a much lighter car with a rear engine (which helps traction tremendously) and dual clutch transmission.

Either C&D got a ringer or the M5 engine is VERY underrated on power...something like 100 HP underrated.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
That is a crazy good lease for a $110k car!
How many miles and months?

Yes it is, and if a deal is worked right that could be for 36 months with 12K miles with almost no down. I've seen $1,300 lease on $128,000 M5 Comp. You just have to find a dealer who will work with you to make the deal happen. Product cycle and incentives also play a big role.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yes it is, and if a deal is worked right that could be for 36 months with 12K miles with almost no down. I've seen $1,300 lease on $128,000 M5 Comp. You just have to find a dealer who will work with you to make the deal happen. Product cycle and incentives also play a big role.
12k miles per year right? Crazy how much better BMW leases are than Porsche.
I was just looking how much even a Macan would lease for and it was retarded low miles and really expensive.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
12k miles per year right? Crazy how much better BMW leases are than Porsche.
I was just looking how much even a Macan would lease for and it was retarded low miles and really expensive.
Yes, 12K yearly.

Porsche never leased well. Given how good their resale value is, you think it would be different. I remember paying over $2K for a Cayenne Turbo lease. Never again.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yes, 12K yearly.

Porsche never leased well. Given how good their resale value is, you think it would be different. I remember paying over $2K for a Cayenne Turbo lease. Never again.
Lol yeah just looked at current lease deals and a BASE Cayenne lease is $1000 per month with $3k down and only 5k miles per year...who would take that deal?

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats!

I thought you were getting the M550i?

It was one of your iPhone update posts that made me aware of the M550 and I was leaning towards the CT6-V at the time as my CTS-V lease was almost up.

The dealers thought the CT6 was some collector car and wouldn’t move off MSRP. I drive the M550 and CT6-V back to back and ended up with the BMW.

I wish I had just got the M5 though. I just flash tuned the M550i and will just have to live with it for now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
M550 is a great car, and may still be a better daily driver. The issue was is that my M550i build got stuck in Germany due to COVID shutdown and I wanted that car a specific way. There was no inventory for the build I needed and for the price I was willing to pay, so I just sought out a great deal on an M5. In all honesty, I drive the M5 in comfort mode most of the time, which probably isn't that far off from the sport mode in the M550i. Don't sweat it man, you're in a great car, and for the money M550i is still the best choice out there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
M550 is a great car, and may still be a better daily driver. The issue was is that my M550i build got stuck in Germany due to COVID shutdown and I wanted that car a specific way. There was no inventory for the build I needed and for the price I was willing to pay, so I just sought out a great deal on an M5. In all honesty, I drive the M5 in comfort mode most of the time, which probably isn't that far off from the sport mode in the M550i. Don't sweat it man, you're in a great car, and for the money M550i is still the best choice out there.
What is the difference between 550i and M5, I’m not familiar with the platform are they both TwinTurbo V8

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Someone mentioned it already but tuning the F90 M5 (2018-2020) is simple also. Although too much low end torque will destroy the motor quickly. Terry at Burgertuning has done a fantastic job tuning BMWs for many many years with his JB4 series. Anyway, a plug and play piggyback with cannbus and EW control makes a ton of difference in those cars. 10.7s all day long, with a very mild tune. Look at the pics attached (edit, they won’t attach for some reason). (Go look, it will blow your mind). From the draggy app today. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the top 10-11 vehicles from BMW. Almost every one is an F90 putting down serious numbers. (Granted, not all of those are tune only) but mostly they are very simple mods like tune, race gas and DPs.

I have been researching the F90 for over 2 years. However, if the new V brings it, like I hope it does, I’ll probably go that route due to maintenance costs, vehicle cost etc. Plus, yes the V sounds tremendously better than an M5. But they aren’t a slouch with a decent driver and Very mild mods.

Edit 2 lol. The 0-60 times range from 2.54-2.77.
The 1/4 times range from 10.14-10.40.

yea the AWD allows crazy quick 0-60s and then being a turbo car, its stupid easy to pickup power with simple mods, good fuel and tuning is huge.

I just tuned an ATSV that baselined at 399 rwhp and made 562 rwhp with 105 octane tune only so im sure some good fuel in that TT V8 can pick up lots of power.

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Yeah, the rods and trans are the limits with the F90, at least from what I’ve read. It’s all based on the torque also.

The power can be tuned to about 785awhp no problem, but as soon as the torque is raised past 750awtq the trans and rods are at risk. Most are sticking with 775hp/700tq at the wheels to keep it happy.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts